ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

UPDATE on my dead valver

2004 Racing Blue 182

apparently, renault keys only have 999 clicks of the button before they need reprogramming.

My valver had to be towed to my local renault garage and they are gonna reprogram them at a cost of £30, if that doesnt work, im gonna need 2 new keys at the cost of £80 each, then those both need reprogramming!!!!

WARNING TO ALL - dont mess with your keys like i do when they are in your pocket, cause your car suddenly doesnt work with no warning!!!

Hopefully i should be gettin her back tomorrow, along with a bill for either £30 or nearly £200!!!

-->NV

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S

999? Thats has got to be a lie, think about it.. if you dive your car once a day for 2 and a half years, thats about 995 clicks.. taht cant be how many are programmed in

2004 Racing Blue 182

this is what i thought, the average joe could possibly click their key 999 times without even thinkin about it, u need 4 clicks per journey, one to open it/lockit when u get there, and twice on ur return journey!

-->NV

megane coupe F7R

Lol, we are taliking about a renault clio 16v key fob, yeah? 999 clicks lol. What a load of sh*t. My car is ten years old and im sure its been pressed more than that. I often do a bit of random clicking lol. jus go to a breakers and buy a lock set and swap the sensor over from the car and the sendor from the key.

2004 Racing Blue 182

nah mate, all the batteries are brand new, i had to have it towed cause i couldnt get it started!

-->NV

I had to have the de-coder replaced in mine at a cost of £180 about 15 months ago been fine since !

Quote: Originally posted by Andyvalver on 11 April 2005

jus go to a breakers and buy a lock set and swap the sensor over from the car and the sendor from the key.
id do what he said.

Willy, Willy 2, V6

sounds like a load of tosh mate

Do what the guy said go to the scrappy get receiver (for roof) and sender out of a key. Would take u 5mins to swap over the parts as its just the electrics u dont need new lock barrels, prolly cost u 10quid.

[Edited by Summeh on 4/11/2005 9:59:27 PM]

Willy, Willy 2, V6

999 clicks, lol.

Do you know how many days there are in a year?

Assuming you travel A -> B every day of the week thats 2 clicks every day of the year thats 365*2, thats 730 clicks just for going A to B in 1 year.

I dont think so some how.

133/225/CLS AMG

I cant see how they could tell it to do 999 clicks anway!! :confused:

Surely if it break it breaks, the key on my old X plate Clio stopped pressing after about a year. Button on it was faulty.

Hope you get it sorted though mate. :D

I have had my car a year - i use it 5 days a week - usually more, thats getting in at home and out per day..so lets call it 4 clicks per day.. thats 1040 clicks i have done (plus weekend driving, and the times I have had to go back to my car because i have left something in it!! ) so say a minimum of 1500 clicks!!

Reno are full of it!!!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

WARNING TO ALL - dont mess with your keys like i do when they are in your pocket, cause your car suddenly doesnt work with no warning!!!

so thats what you call it nowadays then

ian

2004 Racing Blue 182

i picked it up today, i asked for an explanation and was told that the 999 clicks of the key they were refering to is randon clicking, i.e. in my pocket, once it has been pressed 999 times, it goes to a different program!!!

oh well, its done now, im just not gonna mess with my keys anymore!

£35 later and my grin has returned!!!

i stalled it 3 times tryin to drive it out the carpark lol, been drivin my dads citroen ZX, what a sh*te car, the clutchs biting point is nearly all the way out, mine is right by the floor!!!!!

-->NV