ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Update on recent misifiring problems.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
I now have my car back. Turns out TWO coils had gone. No wonder she was misfiring like a b**ch! These Clios never do anything by halves do they? I'm quite impressed she still ran when only firing on two cyclinders though, that's not something most cars would do. Hats off to Renault for that one.:D

I have come to the conclusion that she must have been running abit rough without me actually noticing though. I can not believe the response on the throttle now, it's better than it has ever been!

It cost me £165. to get it sorted, and personally speaking I don't think that is bad, not when you consider what it would have cost if I had taken it to a Renault dealer. ~Shudders at the thought~ I love the lads at my local garage. They are absolute diamonds. :D I am one happy bunny now.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Thanks Rob. No its not nice at all, but I'm smilimg again now. :D I'm just glad it wasn't anything more serious.

I spose its just one of those common problems thats just happened to happen to you, which has been easily sorted...
As I said in your other post I had to have plugs and leads changed coz of a misfire which just came on all of a sudden on my 182 only done 23k I was not a happy man when I had to get towed into renault on the back of an AA truck!!

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
I spose its just one of those common problems thats just happened to happen to you, which has been easily sorted...
As I said in your other post I had to have plugs and leads changed coz of a misfire which just came on all of a sudden on my 182 only done 23k I was not a happy man when I had to get towed into renault on the back of an AA truck!!

I bet you weren't happy. I know I wasn't. I was even less happy when the breakdown guy hadn't got a clue. I hated having to follow my car on the back of a breakdown truck. It didn't look good at all. I wouldn't mind betting that if my car has now been spotted, it will have been on the back of that truck. Bloody typical! lol