ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Upgrade my clio??!?

VRS, 200CUP, S1
Hello to all.
i have owned a 172 cup for a year and a half now and only read your forums instead of posting, so here goes post number 1. I am starting to get the itch for a 197 due to them being bigger inside and more shiny and new.

Was wondering how strong the TC on the 197's are and how high is 6th gear as cruising down the motorway at 90 in mine sounds like i need to change up (already in 5th!!!!).

Also would love some advice as to what changes happened to the gearbox of an 08 plate 197.

And how comfy are the Recaro's??

Many thanks

Clio 197
The Recaros in mine are very nice, hug all the right spots :)
As for motorways, 90 is around 5000ish revs, so not too noisy and plenty of pull left if needed.
Mine is a 56 plate, so can't help on the other question.

Not sure if the ratios differ on the 172 Cup vs 182 but the 182 I have has longer top gear than the 6th 197 (even with the modified ratio). It really is a short-geared car but it's "relatively" the same as it's a little bit more refined. Was still a shock though going through 6 gears and it still showing barely 60mph at 3000rpm!!

Nimbus 197
coming from a diesel car (my company car) it is a shock at how high the 197 revs on a motorway, but I really couldn't care. It's such a nice car to drive both fast and slow that I can forgive it revving highly.

I understand his new and shiney statement, that's why I ended up with the 197 over a lower mileage 182, I just prefered the "newer" look.

Not sure if the ratios differ on the 172 Cup vs 182 but the 182 I have has longer top gear than the 6th 197 (even with the modified ratio). It really is a short-geared car but it's "relatively" the same as it's a little bit more refined. Was still a shock though going through 6 gears and it still showing barely 60mph at 3000rpm!!

the revised ratios are 20.1 mph per 1000rpm in sixth (iirc).

I was pretty sure that 5th and 6th in a 197 on the revised ratios were actually the same as 4th and 5th respectively in the 182.

LY R26
the revised gearbox sits just under 3500rpm at 70.
Recaros are the comfiest seat i have ever sat in, done 20k in my R27 and love them still :D

dmn1989 revised gearbox shows 70 on the clocks under 3500rpm but if you validate your speed with GPS you'll find it sits bang on 70mph at 3500rpm

VRS, 200CUP, S1
bit of both. my daughter fits in the back fine but the passenger folding handle is broken so little bit of a pain.
the 197 looks bigger and reviews say easy to fit 4 adults but im 6'4 and not that i have got any intentions of leaving the driver seat, but wondering how comfy it is?!?