ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Upgrade time... Galaxy s3 or Galaxy note

Ly Megane 230 F1
Im stuck between the two? Anyone here got first hand experiences on either?

Im swaying towards the Note..Ive been wanting a tablet so i can make full use of the Note at home and at work but its not very practical for going on nights out for example?

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Have you seen the Galaxy note? It's properly big, it won't go in your pocket. Silly idea IMO.

Ly Megane 230 F1
I know they are big but my phones arent in my pocket to much..If im at work they are in the van,if im at home they are lying where ever i am. I only have them in my pocket if im out of work and walking about somewhere (even then its left in the car allot) It only concerns me for when it comes to nights out drinking.
Have you used one? any bad points apart from the size?

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
When I went for my upgrade it was offered to me, tbh it's great at what it does It just really was cumbersome. I don't know what use it has, if I want a tablet I'll use my iPad, if I wanted a phone I'd for the s3

There are no decent sized phones atm.

I had a good look the other day and they are either f'king huge or tiny and s**t. Got a 4s in the end.

Ly Megane 230 F1
I havent got a tablet, i do want one but i couldnt justify buying one knowing i could do the same on my s2 (apart from the screen been a bit smaller) so i think thats why the Not sounds good to me. Ive been watching videos on youtube about the 2 phones side by side but there never seems to be a definitive answer

Note is big. Proper big. It's also pretty buggy and not particularly fast when using it. The S3 is a nice phone to use it just feels extremely cheap. I'd probably pick the S3 out of the 2.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
My One S feels a perfect size, nice and thin, shame the finish is chipping to buggery :(

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
The note is HUGE - even the chap at work was saying it's too big and that never usually bothers him.

Funny this came up as I'm expecting my Pebble Blue S3 to arrive today! ordered it a month ago!

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
I got a S2 just as the Note come out and I wish I had got the Note now, although if it was S3 or Note I would go S3.

Fiesta ST-2
I've had a go on my brothers S3, felt a little big (coming from an S2) but you'll probably get used to it. The note is not pratical as a phone IMO.

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
My mates just got a note and it seems good.
He will change it again soon thou he's on that jump contract

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Well my S3's just arrived and it's niiiiiiiiiice.....

So that's my vote!

Ly Megane 230 F1
Whats a jump contract?

Anything in particular that stands out about the s3? what phone did you have before daz?

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
Whats a jump contract?

Anything in particular that stands out about the s3? what phone did you have before daz?

Phones 4 u do a jump contract you pay like £3 extra a month and you can change the phone (for free, but contract will go up and down depending on the phone)every 6 months if you wish.

I wouldn't take an S3 or a note on a night out.

I have a note, just upgraded to ICS, its great for 'me' as my main priority was screen size as it doubles up as a mini tablet, I would concede they aren't for everyone!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I've used my mrs old HTC Wildfire S for a while...

Nowt wrong with taking the S3 out - it's very thin - sit's in your pocket like a good un.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
My Business Analyst at work broke his S3 within 20 min of getting it, popped in his pocket, sat down and the screen smashed lol

Another lads got the Note, I really like the look of it, but it's massive and would piss me off carrying it around and not fitting in a pocket comfortably.

1.2 Dynam & 182FFCup
The note is somewhat more robust than the S3. Just out of more features like PopUpPlay, and burst mode for pictures. I would go for the S3.

Opinions based on the fact I work in a phone shop. Not to mention I'm a tech hoar.

I have just purchased an S3 after toying with a Nokia Lumia 800. The screen size is good and its not too bulky in the pocket.