ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Upgraded LED Cree sidelight bulbs.

Clio 172
In case anyone's interested, just fitted these led cree sidelight bulbs to the 172 today and they are brilliant, literally! Suit the xenons perfectly, and nice and cheap too. Highly recommend these if you're looking to upgrade!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251442847277

Attachments

• IMG_1442.PNG
    IMG_1442.PNG
    286 KB · Views: 152

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Gonna order some, my drivers side has been flickering for the last couple of months!

Clio 172
Gonna order some, my drivers side has been flickering for the last couple of months!
@Davyy Is it your sidelight bulb that's been flickering? Is it led already then, as I thought a normal standard bulb would just blow, on or off? It's not your main xenon headlight dipped beam flickering is it, as that may be down to a ballast issue??

Clio 172
IMG_1446.JPG
IMG_1443.JPG
IMG_1445.JPG
@R3k1355
Here's a couple of pics, look pretty decent I think. The last one is obviously with the xenons on too and you can't really distinguish between them which is what I wanted.

Clio 172
My headlight lenses are pretty grotty though and I plan to give them a sand and polish this weekend, so will look much better after that I'm hoping.

Do these type occasionally fail and flick on and off? or not these type?

I tried LED side lights years ago and gave up as they used to fail and flicker.

Clio 172
Do these type occasionally fail and flick on and off? or not these type?

I tried LED side lights years ago and gave up as they used to fail and flicker.
@guysy
It's a new thing for me and they haven't been on my car for long so can't comment on the longevity of them. Read many posts on here and the reviews were all good though. Fingers crossed they'll last.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Went to put the old one in and its bloody snapped in the holder :( this is the most mechanics ive done and this is why I dont do them!

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I tried both ways of the X, and it just seems too wide. If you look at the pic the new one is quite a bit wider.

Clio 172
Ah s**t sorry to hear that man. I don't get it?? They are tight but should just push in, mine fit ok. Unless you've ended up with a dodgy one? I wish I could come take a look with you! Have you managed to get the broken bit out? Long nose pliers?? Feeling a bit responsible now...........

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Ah s**t sorry to hear that man. I don't get it?? They are tight but should just push in, mine fit ok. Unless you've ended up with a dodgy one? I wish I could come take a look with you! Have you managed to get the broken bit out? Long nose pliers?? Feeling a bit responsible now...........
Its all your fault lol could you remove some of the edge as it does look abit wider

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172

Not your fault mate! Nope, just tried some careful driving to make it fall backwards and it has gone into the headlight! Gave up trying to make it fit, will try tomorrow in the day time. It's so tight behind the headlight too :(

Clio 172
That's a right shitter that is! Yeah it is proper awkward getting in there to change them, I couldn't even get a hold of the holder to pull it out, had to just pull on the wires and hope for the best. Hope you manage to sort it mate.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
If the bulbs bigger than 10mm in diameter it won't fit in the hole . Behind the drivers side light is an awkward bugger to get at . I extended the wires on the drivers side so I can pull it out of the engine bay, now I can change the sidelights in a couple of seconds if i ever need to :smile:

Megane 225 f1
Ive had these for about the last four years in 2 cars. Although i went for some that were about £9.99 i think, still same bulb. They have lasted well and are still going.
Good match to the xenons aswell.

Clio 172
Phewwwww! Nice one buddy, no need for me to feel guilty any more then, lol. Glad you got them in. Hope ya happy with them after all that!!