ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Upgrades for a 1.2

I know this may sound strange to all you Williams owners and 172 Owners, heck even the 1.4 or 16V people may laugh but I have a 1.2, just a few days old to me, but an L reg on the grande scheme of things.

It seems to be quite happy to sit at speed once its there and give a good ride and all but it seems to be really lacking in beefyness!!

I know its a 1.2 but I am a student and have a conviction si I cant afford anything else apart from the bus so is there any cheap way to get some extra few bhps from me little Clio, I feel it is willing just not able!

Any suggestions, apart from buying a lottery ticket and crossing my fingers.

Ben.

you could buy a home porting kit and have ago with that, since a filte, exhaust etc wont give you any power.

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

a cat back exhaust system, cat replacement pipe and induction kit(hillpower best).
Will give you around 5bhp more and get rid of the tinny sound.
But like ben says its not alot more power.

I had a 1.2 for about 3 years before my current beast!! Anyway, the best thing you can do to improve performance is to lower the car on 15s. See posts in main forum where Ive given my experiences of lowering. Long and short of it is not to go too low on 16s.

Also had a Peco exhaust on my 1.2 and a K&N - car sounded better, but wasnt convinced with performance. To be honest you can gain extra horses by keeping the car well serviced and in top mechanical condition. No point buying lots of power mods of your engine is shot!!

Just ask if you want some more advice/suggestions about your 1.2. I did more or less everything to mine.