ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Upgrading a clio mk 3 too a 197

Clio 1.2 16V tomtom 3dr
Thinking about upgrading my 2007 clio too a 197 ;)

what's the driving perfomance difference ?

whats the running costs like:dapprove:

this would B my second car lol :clown:

Any replies welcome

Cheers

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Thinking about upgrading my 2007 clio too a 197 ;)

what's the driving perfomance difference ?
big difference i'd imagine

whats the running costs like:dapprove:
28MPG. Not really more compared to my other cars except for fuel

this would B my second car lol :clown:
why?

Any replies welcome

Cheers

Abarth 500 Essesse
Performance differance between a 1.2 clio and a 2 litre clio? why are you asking? Is the answer not obvious enough?
Running costs, right, Insurance? Tax? Petrol? Tyres? Servicing? What part of running costs are you asking about?

Clio 1.2 16V tomtom 3dr
Performance differance between a 1.2 clio and a 2 litre clio? why are you asking? Is the answer not obvious enough?
Running costs, right, Insurance? Tax? Petrol? Tyres? Servicing? What part of running costs are you asking about?

Was asking like the overall cost,, how much would it differ :eek:

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

Was asking like the overall cost,, how much would it differ :eek:

How longs a piece of string? You might boot it somedays and no others, whilst cost is concerned alot more?

Asking for a specific cost difference is pretty impossible as you havent stated what model your after, it wil be alot dearer tho:rasp:

Tangoed Works
I wouldnt say its that much more to be fair. Only thing that would be more is tyres & petrol if you drive like you stole it all the time. If not I would say just tax and insurance would be the only issue.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
obviusly tax is gonna cost more aswell as tyres when they need replacing, insurance, and petrol maybe oh and the price of the car

MKIII 138
its not much different from the meganesport.

27mpg-28mpg. grp15b ins , £270 tax next year i think. £140 per tyre, higher purchase price etc..
what about the clio 138 ? might be a stepping stone, still does 38mpg and is ins grp8/9 £170 per year tax and cheper purchase price, about as torquey as a 197 too.

Clio Dynamic S 2.0VVT
43 mpg out of my 138 lol

Mine does 36 mpg driven gently and 31 mpg if you rag it - so it's up to want you want to do.

Obviously slower than a 197 but a lot quieter on motorways - also the engine is aluminium not iron as in the 197

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
its not much different from the meganesport.

27mpg-28mpg. grp15b ins , £270 tax next year i think. £140 per tyre, higher purchase price etc..
what about the clio 138 ? might be a stepping stone, still does 38mpg and is ins grp8/9 £170 per year tax and cheper purchase price, about as torquey as a 197 too.

£140 a tyre? What with the alloy? Theres no point in guessing what the tryres will cost, garage to garage the prices are night and day

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i've got the same tyres that are on the 197 for circa 95 pounds fitted. not too bad.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
how many miles per week?
town or motorway miles?
heavy footed or carefull?
how old are you?
no claims?

All big factors, I do about 250 miles per week mixed and spend £60 a week on fuel, Im only a youngen and I only have 1 years no claims so my insurance is pretty high. Tax as has been said is a touch stupid, £140 for 6 months...

alot more woud be a vauge answer :)

would you trade your tomtom in with your clio though as a 2nd hand clio tomtom with out one would be miss repensented an would effect its value :lolup: