ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Upgrading and need advice

Iceberg 172
Hey guys,

After getting a 1.4 Clio I'm now sucked into the scene and I'm after a sport version.

I need your help understanding all the different models and kits and prices.

If you guys could help me with the different 172, 182 configurations that would be great, with expected prices to pay on here.

What would be the best for daily use (mpg, repairs , etc..) ? And is auto trader ok to buy from.

Obviously the packs with A/C and stuff will cost more for belt replacement etc but is it significantly more?

Thanks for your help!
​-Dan

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Heres the pricing

Ph1 172 500-2k

Ph2 172 1000-2.5k

Ph2 182 1750-4k depending on colour + spec

Trophy 3k-6k as above.

s

Iceberg 172
The model guide is good :) I'm still unsure what will be the best for daily driving? Does the A/C effect the power a lot? And what colours are deemed un popular?

Is a FF a good choice for all round enjoyment? And will the difference in driving be a lot different to the 1.4? I'm extremely excited haha!

WRX
For road use then standard 172/182 are ideal. If you want to spend a bit more then get a Trophy.

PB Clio 172
A/C make no difference(well not that would notice on a road) unless you are doing drags up Santa Pod I would turn it off

FF is the best choice yes but for a road car the non cupped suspension is fine

Its all the extra features in my FF I liked coming from a 1.2 . Cruise control, climate, xenons, auto lights/wipers.
If you're planning on getting coilovers you have a far bigger choice on non cup pack 182.
Driving experience is different. It's not just the same car with a bigger engine after all.