ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Upgrading brakes!!!

clio 172
Morning,

I'm thinking of upgrading my brakes??

What do u recommend?? Was wondering whether to look at 4 pot system but does it make a big difference?? As I don't want to spend 800/1000 if it's only a slight difference!!!

Also what disc/pads do u think are best???

I do a few miles on the road but it's more for track days!!!

Thanks alot matt

Better than yours. C*nt.
It makes a massive difference, but nowhere near as much difference as being able to drive properly. Get some lessons and you'll learn to use both the brakes and engine to slow you down and you'll get far bigger and more heroic tripods (usually at scary angles!) than those folk with million pot stoppers.

In terms of uprating them, braided lines, your choice of pad from the usual CL/PF97/DS2500 argument which will inevitably ensue, Brembo HC disks and some fresh fluids will do it a world of good.

I dont think 4pots are worth it, and a few people on here with them will tell you the same!
Get some Brembo HCs and DS2500s/1144s or if you have the budget some higher spec pads :)

Clio 172 cup
Only problem with the Pads is did Bedford twice, brands and Oulton Park once with very little road use and then needed new pads. Great track pads, so just bought the same again. I originally bought them at the same time as the pads, when I changed the pads I noticed the disc were perfect even though I have a couple of laps with no pad left at all, metal to metal.

Clio 172 cup
Yellow Stuff pads I would agree are just OK for normal road, not even better than standard pads. but in my view but on the track they come it to there own. Totally agree with what you say about using the engine braking, thats a must.

Better than yours. C*nt.
And using engine braking you can usually get some epic pops as you feather the throttle back on. Over-run FTW!

Looking forward to being able to get a slightly rich over-run on mine.

Better than yours. C*nt.
I'm impressed they cope that well! But having never tried it I've not got the experience to say. There was plenty left over on my Trophy on DS2500s and Brembo HCs though, so I'm not completely shocked!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Having seen 'The Twig' outbrake a Gallardo Supperleggera, in the wet at Oulton, I'd say they should cope.