ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Upgrading ICE in my 172

02 Clio 172Mk2
Right chaps. I have been looking into the whole upgrading thing for the tunes in my car. At present, I have a standard 'as delivered' setup in my '02 172 - that being TunerList single CD and an renault / alpine cd-changer.

I have a 60gb iPod and a Nokia 6230 bluetooth phone, so these are considerations in the big scheme of things.

I have been looking at alternatives, and a good set-up seems to be:

Pioneer DEH-P70BT (Bluetooth Headunit)
CD-IB100 (iPod Kit)
Autoleads PC9-812 (Stalk Adaptor)

Three questions I can't find the answers to in this scenario are:

- Where are the microphone inputs for the bluetooth phone, or do you use the phone itself. How does all this work (aside from what it says on the website....)
- What happens to the display when this is connected. Does it just stay blank (does the time / temp still show even....)?
- Will the iPod adapter charge the iPod, or is this a seperate requirement that needs a seperate solution?

Thanks.
Genius.

Clio 182
Hi mate,

I've had the Pioneer Blue tooth head unit for a few weeks now. I think the bluetooth feature is really good. The head unit comes with a microphone that plugs into the head unit. You can run this round under the steering column and run it up to the sun vizor whare it clips on nicely !! You can hide the wires quite neatly just by tucking it under the trim. Check your phone is compatable with it on Pioneers website. You can authorise your phone with the head unit and set auto connect and everytime you get in the car your phone just auto connects to the head unit without doing a thing (just keep your bluetooth switched on). You dont even have to take your phone out of your pocket. You will also need to download your phones address book to it (this only takes a few minutes depending how popular you are !!) Does seem to drain the battery quicker.

I can't help you with the Ipod because I don't have one !!

Display just shows date and time.

Also dont pay more then £280 for it! Dont get it from halfrauds whatever you do its £399 in there !! Damn rapists !!!

I hope I was some help!!

Cheers Paul.

Clio 172mk2
ye use car audio direct for all that stuff cheapest i coukd find plus great service

uve basically listed my set up there, the head unit has a mic which u can mount where ever ive got it on the sun visor

yes the ipod adapter charges it

u still see the temp and time, but where the station name is it shows pioneer

once yer fones setup u should get in car and they auto find each other , when u get a call the radio mutes and displays the fone number calling, if u have the number and name in the headunit the name will be displayed, u can then reject or answer the call

02 Clio 172Mk2
Thanks for the replies. Sounds encouraging then......

Are you guys using the supplied remote control on the steering wheel, or a stalk adapter harness? How does all this work - well enough?

Cheers again.
Genius.

Clio 172mk2
the stalk adapter works well, basically same functions as it does on the stnadard one

remember when u order the adapter u need both parts one at 30 and one at 5 .

as for the pioneer one it works but i dont have it on steerin wheel , as itll only encourage thiefs , as they`ll know the exact pioneer u have in yer car.

mines just in the ash tray,