ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Upgrading standard mk 172 alarm

Audi S3 225
Hi, how good is the standard 172 alarm? Just wondering whether or not its worth getting a new one that is better at protecting the car, as i have a lot of ice inside and its parked in a carpark most of the day while at work and our new house doesnt have a big enough drive for all of our cars so i may sometimes need to park at the side of the road.

My brother has a cobra alarm and the thing is mad, i can park next to him, open my door and the alarm goes off!!!! I dont want this just want a good one thats gonna stop thieves.

thanks

Allan

EVO VII
IMO the standard alarm is very good it is CAT 1 after all. its even got anticar jack, hold the door lock botton ( the one next to the gearstick ) for 5 seconds you will hear a beep. Now everytime you drive of the doors will lock :)

anyway back to your question i would stick with the standard alarm, to get into the car there gona have to either smash your window which will trigger the alarm or nick your keys.

Audi S3 225
sweet thx for that, didnt realise about the anticar jack mode, i know the facelift models all came with it, no idea the mk1 172 has as well, gonna give it a test in a min.

Think ill stick with the standard alarm for now, thanks

JayGTT - thats standard on pretty much all clios, even my 1.2 came with it as standard....

in all honesty mate, i work in the ICE business, and the alarm aint great dude. do you know if it works on ultrasonics ?

its a cat 1 so u get that status but its the basics of all basics. Its worth upgrading, if you want extra protection that is.

ive got a clifford conept 500 with glassbreaker protection, digital all round car protection and remote start. and in 3 years never had a car broken in ito (touch wood lol)