ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Uprated Battery

With the amp and sub my battery is somewhat struggling under the load (was never great anyway)

Does anyone know what battery I could/should upgrade to. Car is a 1.2 8v, 2000 model

Any ideas on price?

Go halfords and ask em for a Battery to fit a Renault Clio 2000 model Diesel engine. The diesel battery has loads more power than the petrol 1.2 8v battery.

I did this with my older clio and its cured the problem even though im drawing max of 120a current :)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

dont get a sh*tty diesel battery, they may be a bit uprated but still aint great.

get your self a gel cell battery like a yellow top, or red top or even a nice ikkle oddessy battery.

will last you alot longer and can handle being charged and fully discharged loads of times unlike a diesel battery.

Pick up a power cap...or do wat i did get a bat/cap its a battery like power capacitor which u leave in the boot and connect the +/- to your standard battery, its very good! no dimming or nothing!

Check on ebay, the one i picked up was worth £250, i got it for £80, bargain!

I dont like caps. Had one in my mates car once and it lead to the car never starting :( lol. Caps are only good if youve got a good battery to power them off.

Diesel batteries are a good solution for people who cant afford to spend £140 - £200 on an Optima battery. Were not all loaded.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

yeh but u can get a gell cell battery like the fioroni gel cell witha blue top for like 100 quid, there is also a diff 1 begining with a E cant remember name but they are prob the best cos got the most charge cycles and cos around 100 quid, which isnt much more than a diesel battery and is 100 % better!