ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Uprated bulbs

Clio MK2 1.4 16v
I am considering upgrading my lights on my clio non sport MK2 PH2.

Three options

A) get all of them replaced with Osram Nightbreakers. £60

B) HIDs for dipped beam and Osram Nightbreakers on main beam and fogs. £80

C) HIDs fog lights and dipped beam and Osram Nightbreakers on main beam £60

Has anyone tried HID on fogs? Any problems with the lense?

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Just upgrade the dipped beam to Osram Nighbreaker+ and don't bother doing anything with the vanity, sorry, fog lights.

Clio MK2 1.4 16v
£60 for osram ????

What bulb types are they because they seem silly money

Yes. The ebay ones. Not sure if they are fake though.

H7 is about £13, H1 are £12 and H11 are £24 :eek:

And a set of smds sidelights about £3

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Euro Car Parts Do The Osram Headlight Bulb (Night Breaker Plus - H7 Twin Pack) for £21.98

Im thinking about getting a set as i used the Halfords ones and they where a total rip off and made no difference

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
Wouldnt bother with the fogs

And were doing osram nightbreaker plus twin packs

H1's and H4's for £11.50 + vat
H7's + vat

Clio, Rover 25
Ring Rally 100w bulbs are ment to be as close to HID's and better than the nightbreakers

Clio MK2 1.4 16v
I am sure here in Greece we have loads more problems than HIDs and their legality.

In Greece when you declare that your car is off the road, you need to give back the number plates to the TAX offices (Something similar to DVLA). Although a lot of people have done it in order to save on road tax, you still see cars up and down the roads. The Police does nothing. Last week, i was behind a car without number plates and the police next to them and didn't do anything.

The Police will not even chase you if you do not stop for an alcohol test because they don't have petrol in their cars.

Clio MK2 1.4 16v
Get some 1*2 xenon's if you can afford them. Otherwise get Osram's

I am afraid that i cannot get 1*2 xenon's as there aren't a lot of them here in Greece. Even if they were, i wouldn't buy them as they would be mega expensive. I would like to replace the my own ones as they are a bit cracked on the edges and they want minimum £70 each for used ones.

Clio 182
Osram nightbreaker +, HiDs are not MOT legal from this year, unless std equipment! Fog lights, are they not just for the W*nkers on the road?

Clio MK2 1.4 16v
Osram nightbreaker +, HiDs are not MOT legal from this year, unless std equipment! Fog lights, are they not just for the W*nkers on the road?

No, they are not for w*****s on the road. They are there to be used when you have fog. I used my fog lights 3 times this year due to fog.

If some people are W**kers and use them when there is no fog, then there is nothing you can do.

If what you say is true, Cars are for w**kers as well as people use them to tailgate you, make accidents etc.

Clio 182
My apologiies, 10rd, your right, it should of been a full stop! Osram night breakers, are the best, and ive tried most, even the £40.00 Piaa bulbs, and completly legal. Unfortuantly it is mainly the W*nkers that use there fog lights, never found them use nor ornamemt.

Clio 197
I always hear good things about nightbreakers, i have philips bluevision on mine (they arent blue) and are a mild improvement over standard but nothing major

Clio MK2 1.4 16v
I will go for the nightbreakers on my Head lights and HIDs on my low beam.

I am doing a research on HID on Fogs. I am looking on the operating temperature of HID vs halogen bulbs. I know the glass will be ok but not sure about the lense. I might give it a go on a cracked fog light i have kept to see if any damage is made.

Clio MK2 1.4 16v
I haven't changed mine yet. I bought a pressure washer this month so the lights have to wait.

I am going for HIDs H7Rs on low beam, Osram Night Breakers + on headlights and HIDs on fogs. All HIDs will be 6000K. I just need to find a friend who will bring these to me when they visit Greece as i do not want to pay £30 quid on postage.

Will also go for SMDs on position lights