ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Uprated clutch for Mk2 V6

Forester Sti, SC Clio V6,

The cover is a very wierd assisted over-centre clutch plate so lightweights can push the pedal so its not available upgraded (that I can find) and weighs a ton.

I have a group N centre plate and put 350bhp through it without a problem - nor was the standard clutch plate a problem with 230 bhp.

Its a big job with little gain and with only 255bhp I wouldnt have thought it needed unless repeated launches are needed.

It really needs a new lightweight steel flywheel and new clutch assembly to make any real difference and then only on the clutch front with much higher bhp than standard

S2000

Cheers Mike

Does it feel any different with the group N plate? Where can I get one of those? I cant find anything anywhere.

Ours couldnt cope with one launch the other day. I think this is because the Mk2 has so much rear end grip. It is virtually impossible to spin the rear wheels in the dry.

Wayne

Forester Sti, SC Clio V6,

Nope feels the same as the cover is what creates the pedal feel - the plate is from Ap I believe.

The reason its so quick 0-30 is because it doesnt!!!

If your smoking the clutch its to many revs - I launch at about 3500 and nail it as soon as the clutch is up - I dont get more than a chirp at the back but Im in front of the guy next door!

If you want lots of tyre smoke go for 165 rears!!

Otherwise its just doing what it was designed to do - go quick