ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Uprated Engine Mounts/bushes ???

Focus RS Mk1
Hi all, I think its worth while me asking this question...

Since my track day last week i felt the need for some stiffer engine mounts to redue engine movement and hopefully bring in a little more responsiveness, not that im lacking it with ITB's but any upgrade is good right...

What are people views opinion on any mounts out there, worth doing or waste of time?

Ive noticed the Ktec ones for about £140 ish that offer a stiffer mount without the added vibration of a traditional upgraded mount. Also while i mhere, is it woth polybushing where possible, is the difference really noticable, or at least worth spending the cash over the std bushes?

M

mini-valver

I have the Ktec mounts, polybushed lower arms and ARB, its so so tight and responsive when you're gunning it, absolutely 100% better than standard BUT it does vibrate a lot on idle and I can feel it through the wheel and pedals slightly when moving.

Mine idles like a piece of s**t though, lol.

Ph2 172 Cup
I agree. I have the ktecs and they really give a nice direct feel to the front end. There is a marked increase in cabin noise/vibrations, but you get used to it in about a week. It's not that bad, but try not to be surprised the first time you turn the engine on after fitting.

If you are going on track semi-regularly I think you'll like them.

rps13
The combination of my irratic idle, these mounts and strippage has given mine an awesome helicopter sound while it's on the drive.

The mounts are very very good, would reccommend to anyone who's not a pansy about vibrations, everything about the front end feels solid now, definatly more confidence to thrash it and not worry.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Hi all, I think its worth while me asking this question...

Since my track day last week i felt the need for some stiffer engine mounts to redue engine movement and hopefully bring in a little more responsiveness, not that im lacking it with ITB's but any upgrade is good right...

What are people views opinion on any mounts out there, worth doing or waste of time?

Ive noticed the Ktec ones for about £140 ish that offer a stiffer mount without the added vibration of a traditional upgraded mount. Also while i mhere, is it woth polybushing where possible, is the difference really noticable, or at least worth spending the cash over the std bushes?

Its REALLY noticable on TICKOVER !! Does improve gearchange and reduce movement but i couldnt stand the Vibrations :(

I may have a soulution to dogbone mount thou testing on my car at the minute watch this space ;)

172 Cup
I bought the RenaultSport Group N mounts before K-Tec started selling theirs. The vibration from them is very harsh, but I quite like it. Inspired me to strip the car out, used to have a load of sound equipment before weighing the car down.
Feel of car is so much better than before and the important thing for me is that I'll never ever have to suffer from the engine knocking when accelerating.

I bought the RenaultSport Group N mounts before K-Tec started selling theirs. The vibration from them is very harsh, but I quite like it. Inspired me to strip the car out, used to have a load of sound equipment before weighing the car down.
Feel of car is so much better than before and the important thing for me is that I'll never ever have to suffer from the engine knocking when accelerating.

sorry for the slight o/t, but do you have pics of the RS GpN mounts (or know where there are pics on the web)? just interested:)

ITB'd MK1
k-tec ones are spot on. If you fit them all loosely first, then tighten them once they're all on it should reduce the extra vibration