ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Uprated mounts

PH2 172
Got the KTEC uprated mounts and going to be fitting them shortly when cars done. and iv heard if fitted incorrectly they can vibrate really bad. :S, Whats the correct way or how do you know if there correct????

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I wouldnt for the road, even the uprated dogbone i had induced a vibration on idle...........

PH1 172
Theres a guide around here somewhere telling you how to fit them.

Personally I wouldnt go without them now, they make a huge difference to the general drive of the car but in a good way. I did get a bit more vibration from the car but after a 1000 or so miles this slow went away to almost nothing.

Megane Coupe 2.0 16v VVT
Aye, Im the same as Gaz-Kev. i fitted mine last week and tbh, For the little difference they make its really not worth the extra vibrations on idle.

Im still thinking of removing mine and putting in standard parts.

PH2 172
I just thought for mount of money you spend on standards the uprated would be alot better. JMS seem to think if fitted they shouldnt vibrate at all.

clio 172
so lets have it right.can some body say yes they are good and why and no they are not and why.so many people talking rubbish

172/1.2/E30
i have powerflex bushes in the dogbone and all other mounts standard. not much more vibration but no more exhaust banging and better driveability.

clio 172
never ever bye mounts from euro car parts .actully never bye enythink from them..they mite be cheap but mine only lasted 3weeks lol

RS RIP
so lets have it right.can some body say yes they are good and why and no they are not and why.so many people talking rubbish

You're the one talkin rubbish here mate, the reactions were all good info

Back on topic; i always changed mine (3 times) back to oem. couple of months back i tried the dogbone from Powerflex and really like it. Better throttle reaction. I can predict that when i choose the uprated top ones that throttle reaction will be superb. I do'nt care too much about the vibration because it's not the daily driver, it's for having fun

Last edited:
  PH2 172
I like that mate. and surely the vibration isnt that bad and somethign that i could and you can live with.

bought my dogbone from them, its been fine. Had it on over a year/10k miles no sign of wear. It was *exactly* the same as the renault one i took off.
I

Ollie's Silver Cup
I'm happy with mine; everything seems to have more immediacy, very impressed :)

My mounts were fully f**ked though; I imagine going from perfectly good mount to the uprated ones, the effects/improvement wouldn't feel so substantial

I'd say there is slightly more vibration, but in mine it's nothing excessive and no issue :)

PH2 172
Mine are pretty fuked the engine bangs like mad when you start it fromt where the mounts are moving so much.

Mine are pretty fuked the engine bangs like mad when you start it fromt where the mounts are moving so much.

Mine used to do this was surprising how loud it was! The cause of mine was the main mount on the left of your engine as you're looking at it. It had split in half so technically wasnt doing anything lol!

Westy. MX5
never ever bye mounts from euro car parts .actully never bye enythink from them..they mite be cheap but mine only lasted 3weeks lol

Bought my OE mounts from ECP and they are----------well----------OE. No problems.

Fabia VRS & Yeti
Had the uprated dogbone mount done, bit more vibration,felt much better though, still a bit of movement/knocking.
Had the rest of the mounts done, bit more vibration, felt even more better, gearchanges feel more positive, no movent/knocking ever again!! I wish I had done this when I first got the car and save £££'s of labour. Well worth it, plus if you've got the cup pack/sportlines/coilovers etc what a little vibration? It's a Clio not a Bentley!

changing from standard to k-tech mounts has been the best mods i have done. You do get more vibration but not enough to worry about (if fitted well). My car felt compleatly differnt gear changes more positive acceleration more postive and bes off all no banging noises.

Megane Coupe 2.0 16v VVT
Mines vibrates more and its fitted correctly but iv only had them on for 100 miles, Just the dogbone.

I still feel it shunt when i let of the accelerator or drop gears and the top mount and top gearbox mount are a few months old in good nick.

If the vibrations settle i may consider the main engine mount from powerflex too.

Ph1
Cant believe how homosexual folk are on here. You get more vibration off a snails fart than you do these.

I cant do nowt on the car without the girlfriend or my old dear picking fault and they both never noticed id fitted these!!

Megane Coupe 2.0 16v VVT
Cant believe how homosexual folk are on here. You get more vibration off a snails fart than you do these.

I cant do nowt on the car without the girlfriend or my old dear picking fault and they both never noticed id fitted these!!

And all of our cars are the exact same as you? Grow up.

People are giving THEIR opinions on THEIR experience on THEIR own car's.

You might think your girlfriend is a better ride than someone else, Its your opinion and opinions will vary.

clio 172
just got off the phone to ktec.Mine will be here tuesday and i carnt wait.then clutch time.:)

Ph1
And all of our cars are the exact same as you? Grow up.

People are giving THEIR opinions on THEIR experience on THEIR own car's.

You might think your girlfriend is a better ride than someone else, Its your opinion and opinions will vary.

Your moaning about the vibration, im telling you theres hardly any. Who's correct? - theres a right way and a wrong way to fit these FACT. Now figure out who's fitted them wrong ;)

Clio 172 Cup
had my knackered dogbone mount replaced with a Powerflex one, can't say I noticed if it made it any worse but then 172 Cups aren't exactly known for their refinement anyway are they!

PH2 172
Fitted the mounts today with dogbone mount and on idle the vibration you get is pretty mental im quessing it shud settle down once settled it abit

PH2 172
haha bit like that i got told to do bolts up fingure tight leave engine runnign for 20secs thenturn of and do bolts up correct or not :/

Dodgy one
haha bit like that i got told to do bolts up fingure tight leave engine runnign for 20secs thenturn of and do bolts up correct or not :/

Pretty much what i did TBH, i fired it up let it idle and gave the engine a bit of a 'rock' then bolted it all up tight

got both vibratechnics mounts on mine and the powerflex dogbone too, I cant say i notice any extra vibration now after 500 miles it almost seemed to be back as oe mounts, except the engine is solid in the bay you cant rock it at all, the car seems to have more 'get up and go' about it too.

It didnt vibrate badly when they were first fitted though it was minor in comparison to standard

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Annoys me so much driving in traffic and you can feel the engine rock forward/backwards when lifting off/pressing the accelerator.

Edit: thats with standard mounts.

PH2 172
Its not really bad just you can tell it has more vibration but iv done about 1 mile with them on so im quessinf it will settle then

HBT 172 Cup
LOL, im with Andyman this is full of pansies worrying about a little extra vibration, heaven forbid! Try having 5 engine mounts ;)

PH2 172
yea does feel so much more responsive doin a 130 miles trip 2moz to prospeed again so im sure il see what there really like :)

PH2 172
maybe mine aint fitted right then lol as on idle it vibrates like f**k and you can defo hear the plastics rattle and windows move like amd haha hmmm didnt think u cud fit them wrong

PH2 172
now i have got these mounts i think my top suspension struts which were pretty fuked are even more noticeable sound slike its ripping them out under hard acceleration

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
come again?

For me the trade off isn't worth it. If i wanted my car to feel even more unrefined and rattly then fine, I'd fit these, but they are ROAD cars, they need compliance. The vibrations would get right on my tits sat in traffic. They might 'feel' more responsive, but them forces are now not being dampened by the mounts as they are supposed to be, but now being transferred to the whole shell. People then wonder why thier car feels horrid compared to other they may ride in. Go figure!

Silver 182
I would have thought replacing some mounts (not all) may help to preserve the exhaust from moving too much and hence slowly coming apart at places? Or am i wrong?