ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

UR Clio 200 Pre-Summer Detail/Refresh. Pics.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
A bit of an update since my last post on here. I've owned it for just over a year now and the various B Road blasts and the trip to Le Mans had not worn well on the front end. It was also due tax, insurance and new front tyres all in the same month. :dead:

Front bumper rubbed back and re-painted.
Tax.
Two new Conti 5s for the front.
Insurance sorted... £400 now. Being older is awesome. Ten years NCB helped. :eek:

The last two days I've had off work so it was time to tackle a decent detail.

Day one was just removing, cleaning and sealing the wheels with Prima Wheel Armour, as well as dressing the tyres with Blackfire.
The arches were also cleaned and dressed. Then the body was washed down and decontaminated with IX and mild clay from Zaino.

Day two was correction and protecting it again. Used a G220 DA with various Dodo Juice pads and AutoFinesse Tripple. Very impressed with Tripple!
Two apps of Zaino Z2 and some Zymol Carbon finished it off nicely.

Next up, I need to finally fit my HID kit (had it in the cupboard for twelve months) and just enjoy it.
I won't be at CSS so Trax will be the only CS event I'll get to this year.

If you don't already know, mods are H&R 30mm springs, H&R 25mm spacers and plain/trimmed plates. LED plate lighting and interior lighting.

Hope you're all well.

Chris

2_zps38f2dee8.jpg

6_zpsf6373d47.jpg

5_zpsd09fff89.jpg

4_zps481807fc.jpg

3_zps24106421.jpg

Fat arse. :evil:

7_zps6e78d958.jpg

Suzuki Jimny
Looks nice.

Out of interest, what mileage are you on now? (Just trying to guess when i'll need new tyres)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Cheeky! Just the black bits or the whole bumper?

I've got a ding down to the metal in my bonnet from what looks like a small rock. :(

The whole bumper! :eek:

My black insert wasn't that bad, weirdly. I think all the French stones aimed for the part with the badge on. That bit was awful.

ST
Epic bus.. As per Insta.. this has answered my question on the suspension question, i'll add some H&R springs to my shopping list.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Simply epic Turner. A superb example of a 200 with minimal add ons. Everything serves a purpose.

You still enjoying it? Any idea what you'll do next?

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Looks awesome mate.

Epic bus.. As per Insta.. this has answered my question on the suspension question, i'll add some H&R springs to my shopping list.

Nice work getting a 200 Alan! Better than the Mini ;)

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
Lovely 200 - always loved your cars. Do I like this more than the RB hmmmmmmmmm, just a tad, not by much though. Perfect.

Mondeo TDCI 130
Lovely.... By the way, who the f**k is Christopher. .?? I kept thinking he was you, but didn't have a billion posts?

200 is great! :)

Mondeo TDCI 130

​Pics? Link to pics of said gw200 etc?

can this imposter not be name changed???

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Lovely 200 - always loved your cars. Do I like this more than the RB hmmmmmmmmm, just a tad, not by much though. Perfect.

Cheers! I much prefer this if I'm honest! So much road presence considering its just a hot hatch. Love it.

ST
​Pics? Link to pics of said gw200 etc?

can this imposter not be name changed???

No pics yet mate.. I pick it up a wk tomo.. As a matter of Jew'ness I wanted 12 months tax not 11 and a bit so next wk will do lol.

Spec: Glacier white, full leather chairs, carbon dash, climate, Bluetooth, speed lines..Auto lamps and wipers, mp3 wireless, Bluetooth, white speed lines.

AG 200 cup
Looking at your car makes me sad. I need lows, spacers and possibly a freshly painted front end after it gets battered at Le Mans. Oh and also mine needs a new gearbox. :(

AG 200 cup
Yeah think its the syncros crunching into 4th over 3k going into Renault on Tuesday for a check and possible removal of the box but Ruk said they will contribute a decent amount if it needs a box.

ST
Yeah think its the syncros crunching into 4th over 3k going into Renault on Tuesday for a check and possible removal of the box but Ruk said they will contribute a decent amount if it needs a box.

Which plate is your car? No warranty?