ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

UR Megane R26

david hodson

ClioSport Club Member
I have a defi boost gauge , its not cheap as you also need the control box II to run them , but then you can run many gauges all linked to the control box

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah, just a small hole and fed it through, it's only like an Ethernet cable type thing.

I had a play around with my Scangauge last night mate. Seems decent enough. However, how the hell do you route the cable up from the ODB port? It's tight as hell around there and I can't even see where I'm supposed to feed the cable up. I also got the connector stuck which took an age to get back off :clown:

I had a play around with my Scangauge last night mate. Seems decent enough. However, how the hell do you route the cable up from the ODB port? It's tight as hell around there and I can't even see where I'm supposed to feed the cable up. I also got the connector stuck which took an age to get back off :clown:

I have tiny hands, but I took the centre console off as I fitted my parrot kit at the same time.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I have tiny hands, but I took the centre console off as I fitted my parrot kit at the same time.

Ahh, centre console off. That would probably do it. Did you not think about routing it up to the clock pod? Your new found alcantara skills would have made that look quite cool.

:cool:

Ahh, centre console off. That would probably do it. Did you not think about routing it up to the clock pod? Your new found alcantara skills would have made that look quite cool.

:cool:

It's on the list, but it needs fibre glassing to make it fit. Plus I'd have to change my stereo too.

225 Cup & Williams
Bizarrely, that's one thing I don't really have. Other than this:

[video=youtube_share;YbopzP9xQTs]http://youtu.be/YbopzP9xQTs[/video]

Loved the sound of the Miltek on my 225. Sounds so meaty if that makes sense. The pops and bangs that come of it are ridiculously funny too.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Loved the sound of the Miltek on my 225. Sounds so meaty if that makes sense. The pops and bangs that come of it are ridiculously funny too.

This thing on full bore is insane. It'll be like Keiron's (Gray) It's only cat-back too. I'm tempted to go full system with the decat but it'll need remapped by Paul I think and it's already on it's limit, injector/turbo/clutch wise. Although a very safe limit, stage 1 map with .5 on top. Chris wanted it to be quicker/power but with reliability.

The one thing annoying me at the moment is the drivers side window. It's so f*cking temperamental. I can press the button to put it back up and it goes down. Stupid thing. Sometimes takes 3 attempts to get it back up.

340i
This thing on full bore is insane. It'll be like Keiron's (Gray) It's only cat-back too. I'm tempted to go full system with the decat but it'll need remapped by Paul I think and it's already on it's limit, injector/turbo/clutch wise. Although a very safe limit, stage 1 map with .5 on top. Chris wanted it to be quicker/power but with reliability.

The one thing annoying me at the moment is the drivers side window. It's so f*cking temperamental. I can press the button to put it back up and it goes down. Stupid thing. Sometimes takes 3 attempts to get it back up.

If anything a decat will take strain off the turbo, less spool time and you'll be running the same amount of boost pressure but making more BHP... They also run cooler with a decat fitted IMO.

But it will be quite loud. :race:

I'm tempted to go full YOLO and remove my decals.

I am actually considering the same... mentals.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
If anything a decat will take strain off the turbo, less spool time and you'll be running the same amount of boost pressure but making more BHP... They also run cooler with a decat fitted IMO.

But it will be quite loud. :race:

It'll need a remap though to get the best out of it, right? I may just leave it. It's very responsive currently and I'm wondering why Chris left it without the decat in the first place - he seemed to know what he was doing. Unless it was for track restrictions etc.

I've also just bought a new style RS badge for the rear, which I'll have coloured like Tim's old one:

renault-renaultsport-megane-renaultsport-f1team-r26-S100209-7.jpg

340i
It'll need a remap though to get the best out of it, right? I may just leave it. It's very responsive currently and I'm wondering why Chris left it without the decat in the first place - he seemed to know what he was doing. Unless it was for track restrictions etc.

I've also just bought a new style RS badge for the rear, which I'll have coloured like Tim's old one:

renault-renaultsport-megane-renaultsport-f1team-r26-S100209-7.jpg

Yeah it will need the map tweaking, I imagine Paul would charge an hours dyno time @ £100.

I've got the same rear RS badge, nice touch to the rear :)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

I've bought some of those cube window regulator things. Mine work OK atm, but just in case.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I've bought some of those cube window regulator things. Mine work OK atm, but just in case.

Do link me up, mate, as I'm not paying £350+ for maintenance.

I think the last time I took it in Renault paid 70% of the costs, because it's a common problem, but I'm not sure if that's still the case.

Swift Sport
+1
That's the best looking Megane I've seen, and I'm considering one myself... Just joined up on RS Megane.com.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
48k miles it's done now. Haven't drove that much because the BMW is my daily, but always nice during the winter to stretch its legs. 12 months tax just paid for, too, but car will be going this year as running them both is mental.

16127808532_20bf7c6a13_z.jpg

15508836853_fd3fb24e2b_z.jpg

15942818037_9943075a9b_z.jpg

15942511349_68c28d4eab_z.jpg

16126690621_f894fe587e_z.jpg

16127899722_24548ac5df_z.jpg

15942475109_705461e11a_z.jpg

225 Cup & Williams
You'll probably hear this a thousand times but if I had the money I'd be coming down for the car tomorrow haha!

I miss my Megane A LOT.