ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

URGENT ADVICE NEEDED, 182 suspension

182 FF
Just repairing my clio and having to fit a new near side suspension leg.

i got hold of a standard 182 suspension leg but itdoesnt fit the hub (won't line up on the bolts), is there a diffrence between the 182FF suspension leg over standard. Or have i just been sold the wrong suspension:(

i need to know asap, got to get back to the breakers to get it sorted

any advice would be much appriciated:)

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Cup suspension stut holes are spaced out differently to non cupped cars.
Sound like you have a 182 non Cup suspension strut.

In other words, Cup suspension won't fit a Non cupped car without changing the hubs over.

182 FF
about 3 or 4mm fella, not much in it. leg deffo looks the same, but it doesn't fit. i compared it and tried it on the other side and its the same situation there

182 FF
Cup suspension stut holes are spaced out differently to non cupped cars.
Sound like you have a 182 non Cup suspension strut.

or ffs!!!!!! i was on a run last night, had the subframe and steering rack done, just the suspension to finish it.

breakers yard does not have one in, what do i do:mad:

yeh you probably got the wrong one mate, spacing is different. think the standard is 54 and a cupped one is about 60mm.

Last edited:
  182 FF
gunna have to order one from stutt autos now,

completely pis*ed off :( wanted to get her done today

Da

Less
I have the full 182 Cup suspension sat in my garage, you could have borrowed a strut....however I've sold it so it's awaiting delivery to it's new owner :(

I'm in Lancashire too!

182 FF
I have the full 182 Cup suspension sat in my garage, you could have borrowed a strut....however I've sold it so it's awaiting delivery to it's new owner :(

I'm in Lancashire too!

cheers fella, just gunna hav to find a breaker, shes back on her feet and rolling now which is the main thing:)