ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Urgent alarm help please!

After finally getting the wheels on my car and being totally ready for the Midlands RR day, my alarm has decided to pack up!!!!!

Its a META M99/36T Cat 1 model.

Basically, the system works off the remote fob; but the immobiliser can also be over-riden by another fob that slots directly into a hole in the dash. There is no metal key to over-ride the system, as most original systems might have. The immobiliser comes on automatically after 30 seconds.

Since Id left the car unlocked/unalarmed over the past few weeks while the car has been standing, I first locked it, then unlocked it - to over-ride the immobiliser the easy way. All was fine, except that the battery had no charge. At this point, I got my mate to charge my battery, so it would start.

After wed done this, the remote fob seemed to have no effect. In the end, I over-rided the immobiliser by slotting the other fob into the dash, and it started. The central locking system still works by key.

But that still leaves the problem of the alarm system. Fortunately, the last action before it packed up was to turn it off, so its not a problem getting in the car.

I suspect that the alarm system infa-red receiver is dead. Does anybody here agree/disagree???

Help much appreciated. The immobiliser key is very erractic - I had to be towed home yesterday from a petrol station!!!

Clio 200 FF

sometimes it helps if you take the battery out of the remote for a few seconds then refit - then press remote a few times aiming at car. This worked on my old zr - retuned itself

Cheers guys. I still dont know whats up with it - but the good news is that I can over-ride the immobiliser with the second dash fob..so Im still on for Midlands RR day! Ill sort the alarm out in a few days time, the important thing is that Im back on the road - woo hoo!!!

I had an alarm fob that retuned its frequency every now and then to stop people "grabbing" it. one day the fob decided to retune and didnt tell the car, i had to get an expert in to fix it. Im guessing maybe when the car battery went dead the alarm reset to a different frequency? There are ways of retuning the car to pick up the fob, but i cant help you any more than that im afraid.