ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

URGENT!! All Clio Cup Drivers

Like a majority of you, I have had a Knocking/Bangging noise from the front of the car. My car has been with Renault for 3 weeks and they still cant fix it. What Im asking is would you, if you have this problem support me by placing your Name,where you brought the car,If they managed to fix it,how long it took,what they changed & any comments the garage made to you about this fault. I am seeking legal advise on this matter and by helping me I might get Renault to admit that the Clio 172 Cup does have a manufacturers fault. So helping other cup owners. If any one has any information reguarding this please let me know. Thanks for your support.....

Dannyboy take your car to a multi storey car park one with a spiraling decent with the car turning right at about 10 mph you will then know if your car does it

yeah mine does it on those spiral decent carpark thingies... but thats the only time it does it so Ive never bothered with it really... I thought it might just be the shocker bumping at its end stop on full extension...

Yes been into basinstoke Reno, they admit theres a problem and that they replace the top mounts of the front suspenstion.

Havent had mine done yet, but believe the loose engine mount problem is far more annoying....

Drop the clutch "CLANG....BBBBBAAAAARRRRRRPPPPP.(second gear)..CLANG THUMP BANG>>>>>>>BBBBBAAAAAAARRRRPPPPP

You get the idea

My struts have been done,so has drive shaft still have the same problem. It also makes the noise when turning a sharp turn. Renault London reckon they have never before heard of this problem, thats why I have posted this request.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

weve had a few where the renault mods didnt work but these are still on going.bloody irritating noise! luckily mine only does it once in a while but i can see why people get a mad with it.

Quote: Originally posted by BLASTA40 on 15 November 2003

Dannyboy take your car to a multi storey car park one with a spiraling decent with the car turning right at about 10 mph you will then know if your car does it

alwys go up and down the mad never endin spiral carpark bit in glades carpark in bromley, never heard any knockin. im not complainin tho.

My cup does it every time you go round a tight corner. Reanault said they were aware of it when I took it in for a service. Apparently it is the steering rotary switch and is common. I am going to book it in to the garage and get them to replace it to see if it dissapears. It is annoying but does not seem to effect the handling at all.

Quote: Originally posted by DannyBoy on 15 November 2003

alwys go up and down the mad never endin spiral carpark bit in glades carpark in bromley, never heard any knockin. im not complainin tho.

I Love that carpark, great fun :D
But strangely my g/f hates it... :confused:

Some people seem to be missing the point .If you are lucky enough to not have this knocking then good luck to you. Dannyboy you must have a good one .But for me its also safety when I have my children in the car and it feels like someone hitting the chassis with a hammer then you get concerned. all you people who are not to bothered then fine .But if you heard the noises on the test drive would you still have purchased the car.All I want to do is get peoples reports off this so I can personally take it to Reno UK so we can all benefit. Yes I am using the A40 Reno Garage...

Gents I was lucky enough to have this problem and due t my nature I whinge about everything and anything, so the car went back to Reno many times until they flagged up it was a fault with the struts (its on actis) they then showed me the report and what the solution was..1 day later my car was fixed and I now dont have said banging noise especially in Multi storey car parks......I suggest you take it back and do as I do and moan and moan until they take notice...

172, Tiguan

Mine does it, but only on full right lock.

Havent organized it to go in yet though as its only happens when i use full lock so not that high on the list of things to be sorted.

Cup 172

This problem appeard to affect the CLIO CUP on long term test at EVO magazine. They took it to the dealers, and the steering rotary switch was replaced.

QUOTE:

"A harsh knocking emerged from the steering and I thought the rack had come adrift. A quick trip to the dealer, who replaced a rotary switch, solved the problem"