ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

URGENT - Brakes Question

Skoda Fabia vRS

when i was doing the brakes on my car, one of the guide nuts?....on the caliper carrier fell out

i presume this isnt normal ?

ill order new ones tomorrow if it isnt

its normal, obviously the rubber boot wasnt fitted right. They just slide in and out.

Still a drama queen after all these years eh brun!

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Agreed. Fine. They do that on my Saxo too.

That said, anything Im doing on my car and something goes unexpected, I immediately come out in a cold sweat lol.

Skoda Fabia vRS

well i really didnt expect the caliper to be held on in such a way, i thought it would be a lot more secure that 2 small bolts which go into a nut with a tube on the end which happens to just sit inside the carrier, not secured in, in any way

strange

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

perfectly safe, its just for the guide pins...

all its doing is stopping the caliper moving round with the disc, or away from the disc. Theyre designed to be loose, as they have to slide with the caliper (as the pads wear)

Skoda Fabia vRS

still seems dodgy as funk to me, once the caliper clamps down on the disc, doesnt it get pulled forward in the carrier ?........doesnt that put stress on those guide pins against the hole they are in, in the carrier ?

i do realise its obviously ok or else everyone would crash all the time, but still doesnt seem secure enough to me lol

Skoda Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by Chris&Amber on 10 August 2005

its normal, obviously the rubber boot wasnt fitted right. They just slide in and out.

Still a drama queen after all these years eh brun!
i prefer the term cautious lol