ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Urgent! Connecting ps3 wirelessly?

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Right router is fine and the ps3 picks it up 100% but when I change the ps3 to wireless it's saying timed out and you may of entered the wrong wep pin when I'm not it's right? Any ideas guys cheers.

ValverInBits
Urgent? Really? your sure?
lol

anyways. It sounds typical of the PS3 not getting an IP address. Things to try include - restart the router, perhaps adjust the WEP key or change the security protocall altogether. You done anything clever/abnormal with the router?

Astra SRI/ Hornet
It is urgent I want to be on. Lol only just got broadband today. Plugged it in and all the lights are on for broadband and wireless. Ps3 picks it up straight away. How do ya change the security altogether? I only have the ps3 not a pc.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Right it's not getting the ip adress but I have it in front of me but it won't let me press enter and move onto the next step for some reason. This is really pissing me off now.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Urgent? Really? your sure?
lol

anyways. It sounds typical of the PS3 not getting an IP address. Things to try include - restart the router, perhaps adjust the WEP key or change the security protocall altogether. You done anything clever/abnormal with the router?

what you mean typical ps3...

this is the first case iv heard of this not doing. your either entering it wrong or entering it wrong. iv moved mine from my house to bro's to a mates and got the correct details and it connects up straigh away..

you got a laptop?

you might need to set up a security code, like for mine 0909090909 simple to remember, but no-one else knows it,

all i do is enter that and im connected straigh up.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
whats your addy fella?

im on shitbox tonight, just racing against a mate, so il probz be on later after it :)

what you mean typical ps3...

this is the first case iv heard of this not doing. your either entering it wrong or entering it wrong. iv moved mine from my house to bro's to a mates and got the correct details and it connects up straigh away..

you got a laptop?

you might need to set up a security code, like for mine 0909090909 simple to remember, but no-one else knows it,

all i do is enter that and im connected straigh up.

but now everyone on CS knows it! :rasp:

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
I was about to suggest a mac authorization list, thats what i set up on my router for wireless, and on DHCP on my server, my server wont give an address to a un-trusted machine :p.