ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

URGENT file recovery

Abarth 500
arrghhh im a c**k, i formatted my pc yesterday and forgot to back one thing up, the thing i need now!....downloading some file recovery programs now, anyone know which are the best that can get files back after formatting and are free to download?

cheers

Punto/Clio GTT
could be wrong, but surely after a format the harddrive is completely wiped? like nothin on it? how could you reverse it if theres nothin there? isit possible?

Black Twingo GT
Nope, formating only erases the Fat into. (File allocation table).

Its possible to recover files as they are still there.

Of course if you have already put files back on it your probably screwed (overwriting)

Something like this:

http://www.runtime.org/hints.htm

If you have a big ass disk this could turn out to be a real long winded exercise.

Dan

RB 182
With the software I use you can do it easy if you haven't reinstalled Windows for example, all you have to do is create a new MBR virtually on a copy of your hard drive.

PM me if you need some help.