ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

URGENT FOR SCOTLAND PEOPLE !!!

do you want to go as far as Fort William on Sunday ?????

this will be a round trip of 270-300 miles

bearing in mind that we will then be driving a long way back on Monday, is this too much for people?

answers in the next 10 minutes only will be taken into account, cos I am desperately trying to get some routes sussed !!!!

cheers

K

Tappd'd RS

Kathy - The drive up to Fort William is superb - some lovely driving roads, hopefully you guys will get good weather!

and I can do a "short" route for those that are being wussy - which will only be about 130 miles!!

so, thats decided then !

clearly my enthusiasm for a drive to Fort William was all too much for the forum, has everybody else got a cacked up font thing as my first post now????!!!!!

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

Yes.. but i will probably be a passenger!! otherwise im gona come home with over 130k on the clock

Quote: Originally posted by B@llsie on 05 April 2004

Kathy - The drive up to Fort William is superb - some lovely driving roads, hopefully you guys will get good weather!
but are there enough petrol stations to keep us going?????

Tappd'd RS

Depends how thirsty the V6 is? The last time I drove it was in a C3 Oil Burner with over 70 mpg!

Tappd'd RS

make sure you all start off with a full tank - surely every car going can manage about 150 miles on a tank. You should be able to fill up in Fort William, I would think its a big enough place to sell Optimax / SUL if thats what you use.

Quote: Originally posted by Bubbles on 05 April 2004

Yes.. but i will probably be a passenger!! otherwise im gona come home with over 130k on the clock
you could opt for the shorter route, I am sure not everybody will feel like doing the Fort William marathon, and that will only be about 130 miles :D

mailto:B@llsie">B@llsie

Yep, looks like a fill up in Falkirk before leaving, then a fill up in Fort William - even the Vee should manage that one !!!

Tappd'd RS

theres always the AA if it doesnt ;)

Enjoy it if I dont get a chance to see you guys before!

Lee

BMW M2C

No Optimax!! Thatll have to be the 3rd time in just over a year Ive had to use something else. :eek:

Tappd'd RS

Quote: Originally posted by Slugger on 05 April 2004

There is a BP in Fort William so that will have to do. No Optimax there :cry:
Are you sure ? Its a decent sized place. Take it youve checked Shell website or something?

Quote: Originally posted by B@llsie on 05 April 2004

theres always the AA if it doesnt ;)

Enjoy it if I dont get a chance to see you guys before!
you not joining us and coming for the Fort William Marathon????

Tappd'd RS

Sorry, but I cant afford to run the Swindon Fuel Guzzler up there!

The economy on these CTRs is pretty poor compared to the 172, the only upside is that is runs best on 95RON.

In all seriousness tho - I got family commitments on Sunday, I probably would have if it hadnt been easter sunday.

Thanks for the invite anywayz - maybe next time!

Burgandy 174 sport t

B@llsie get in touch before the weekend and sort somethin out for meeting up with these guys!!

Tappd'd RS

Quote: Originally posted by Big Iain on 06 April 2004

B@llsie get in touch before the weekend and sort somethin out for meeting up with these guys!!
We should try and sort it out before thursday - well need to confirm the details before they all leave to come up - any firm suggestions anyone?

7.6cc :D

Quote: Originally posted by Roamer on 05 April 2004

Ill go anywhere

(But I am going to be packing octane booster and a few spare fuel cans lol
He might forget to pack me though :( Can someone remind him?

Tappd'd RS

Quote: Originally posted by B@llsie on 06 April 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Big Iain on 06 April 2004

We should try and sort it out before thursday - well need to confirm the details before they all leave to come up - any firm suggestions anyone?

Quoting myself now!

Kathy is going to arrange something so we should keep our eyes peeled http://www.civictype-r.co.uk/phpbb2/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif!

So whats the alternative route?

... for people who dont wanna drive 300 miles round trip? Do we have one?

Is there a "direct way" and an "indirect" way of going to Fort William?

Tappd'd RS

Youre right there y0z - lovely scenery and some great roads, its real picture postcard stuff. Car magazine used to do a lot of photoshoots around that area, I havent noticed it so much lately.

The Route to Fort William is amazing - Can I recommend going a little further to Castle Tioram near Acharacle/Dorlin, it looks a little lunar..

Bring it on.:D

WAIT !!!! I HAVE A DAY JOB AS WELL YOU KNOW - I WAS UP AT MY PC TILL 1.00am THIS MORNING TRYING TO SORT THIS WEEKEND OUT - NO PROBS ABOUT CONTACTING US WHEN WE ARE ON ROUTE - WE HAVE THE CS MOBILE!!

BE PATIENT - SHORT AND LONG ROUTES WILL BE POSTED/EMAILED TODAY!!!!

Arjun - think further than FW is pushing it tbh - but we can discuss any variations once we get together.

Guys - as a local, Im happy to take you some of my favourite local routes around Falkirk if anyone wants to go for a quick blast at some point over the weekend - anything from 15 minutes to an hour if youre keen and can fit it in :)

Can recommend all the good pubs/restaurants and those to avoid in and around Falkirk too!