ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

URGENT FOR SCOTLAND PEOPLE !!!

Come on, hurry up!

Come on!!!

HURRY!

QUICK!

WANT THE ROUTES!

K!?!?!?

ROUTES?!?!?

HELLO?!?!

;)

I cant make it on Sunday but you guys will love the roads if you go on the A84 callander to crianlarich (21mins 32secs if anyone wants to try and beat that) then onto the A82, the roads will be chocka block though(easter sunday an all) the direct route will be up the A9 ( boring straight road). Watch out for Police speed traps in Strathyre and Lochearnhead, and unmarked mercs and bmws on Rannoch moor.

Enjoy yourselves

G

GR7

Shiny red R32

Hope the weather stays for you guys as it is now - blue sky and sunshine.

As you all head north, I might pass you heading south!! Ill be on the lookout for half a mile of Clios!!

:cool:

Fiesta Zetec S (for sale)

Hi guys and gals, just a quick add on this one regarding unmarked plod.

If any of you decide to get to Fort William using the A82 and joining the A83 at Tarbet and going via Crianlarich then you need to keep your eyes peeled for unmarked dibble. ATM theyre operating a dark blue BMW 530 (might be a diesel but it goes) and theyve also got two unmarked Honda Pan European motorcycles. One of the bikes is ble, the other burgundy. Both these bikes and the unmarked BMW operate from Dumbarton cop shop AFAIK up to Inveraray.

There are also 3 marked Traffic cars and about 8 marked bikes which operate on these roads.

However, Im sure you are all law abiding citizens who will adhere to local speed limits with the utmost discretion.;)

Craig.

2002 Clio Dynamic

Maybe you all could take in a game of Shinty when u get to Fort William!!:D

Bit to far for me to drive,plus i would prob be let miles behind as everyone else blatted away up the road!!

S2000

These are the routes and stopping points we have planned for Sunday

Short trip - Approx 130 miles

Stopping at point 4 for rest/photos at approx. 11:30

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1081274067__SunShort.jpg

Long trip - approx 275 miles

Stop at point 4 for leg stretch/photos at approx 11:30

Stop at Glencoe/point 6 at approx 1:15 for more photos/leg stretch

Arrive at Fort William/point 8 at approx 1:50 see sights have lunch

get petrol etc

Depart Fort William at 3:30

Stop at point 10 at approx 5:00 for leg stretch

Arrive back at hotel at approx 6:15

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1081275620__SunLongN.jpg

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1081275663__SunLongS.jpg

Full details will be posted later

S2000

Saturday option 1 - approx 137 miles

Leave hotel at 10:00

Arrive in Edinburgh at approx 10:30

Visit castle/Princes St/shopping

Leave Edinburgh at 12:30

Arrive at Forth Bridge Visitors Centre approx 12:50, meet Scottish members??? Visit visitors centre etc

Leave Forth Bridge 1:20

Go to Glenturret distillery, arriving at approx 2:10

Leave distillery 3:15

Stop at point 7 for photos

Go to Stirling Castle, arriving at approx 4:40

Leave Stirling at 5:40 to go back to hotel

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1081277150__Sat1.jpg

S2000

Quote: Originally posted by Jeremy Townsend on 06 April 2004

Excellent, thats about £400 quid in fuel then. Perhaps you could mark the cashpoints along the way ?
Lol

Im planning on marking the Shell stations along the way ;)

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

take some loo roll with you girl, and you can stop where ever you like

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by Bubbles on 05 April 2004

hehe... i enjoy it. i just wana be careful
CAREFUL??? YOU DROVE TO SODDING K-TEC WITH NO OIL IN YOUR ENGINE!!!!!

(Count me and Chris in!!!!)

GR7

Shiny red R32

Slugger

I noticed that you have Princes Street down for shopping. Dont forget to visit Rose Street which is just back from, and parallel to Princes Steet and if you werent driving, you could have fun doing the Rose Street pub crawl .:D

These days, George Street is a bit more upmarket than Princes Street, with plenty of trendy shops and restaurants, but maybe you wont have too much spare time to linger there, and anyway you can shop at home, so why travel all this way to do it? There is a covered shopping mall beside Waverley Train station and another diagonally across the road at the St James Centre. You might like to look at the Castle and also a walk along the Royal Mile and High Street area is OK too as there are some interesting little shops.

S2000

Quote: Originally posted by GirlRacer on 06 April 2004

Slugger

I noticed that you have Princes Street down for shopping. Dont forget to visit Rose Street which is just back from and parallel to Princes Steet and if you werent driving, you could have fun doing the Rose Street pub crawl .:D

These days, George Street is a bit more upmarket than Princes Street, with plenty of trendy shops and restaurants, but maybe you wont have too much spare time to linger there, and anyway you can shop at home, so why travel all this way to do it? You might be better having a look at the Castle and a walk along the Royal Mile and High Street area.

Indeed GR, shopping is there for people that want to thats all.

I think the castle will be more interesting personally.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

This thread is all over the place.. posts are made and deleted all the time.

Tappd'd RS

Quote: Originally posted by Slugger on 06 April 2004

approx 12:50, meet Scottish members??? Visit visitors centre etc

This suits me just fine.

Is this now decided and can the other scots members manage?

S2000

Quote: Originally posted by B@llsie on 06 April 2004

This suits me just fine.

Yep this is decided.

Sooooooo much petrol... these roads better be worth it! Heh!

Can see it costing about £100 - £150 on the SHORT trips!

All fun I guess..

I hope some people will do the short trips? Cus I dunna wanna be on me own!

email sent to all those who are coming on the trip.

Scottish people - the Cliosport Mobile is

07906 139110

you have rough guide to where we are going, and where we will be, so contact us if you need to speak regarding meeting up.

you would be welcome to join us in the evenings too if anybody wants to?!?!?

hopefully we will see loads of you Scottish members while we have the chance !!!

Tappd'd RS

thanks kathy.

Is anyone bringing a MkII 172 - preferably Iceberg?

Im trying to get my girlfriend to buy one and shes never had a proper look around one. Im gonna bring her with me on Saturday.

Cheers.

Alan

Tappd'd RS

luvly - remind everyone to tell her that they are the best cars ever and everyone should own one at least once in their lifetime etc etc etc.

She didnt like my Cup enough to buy it off me, but she likes the leather and toys on the 172 and the look of it. Id be well chuffed if she got one!

Tappd'd RS

lol!

They look amazing in all the colours! I must admit Blue and Red are two of my favourite colours, theyre a little rarer. I would mind what colour she got, I just hope she gets one!

Im living in Edinburgh and been driving through the highlands a couple of times, its bloody amazing roads, Clio is born for it. Its like Wales Style sort of thing... Ill join you guys once ive got my Clio182... My mate in his Honda S2000 will probably join as well, we always go for big camping trips in the highlands in the summer (you can camp in the wild there, pretty cool, build massive fires).....

Cheers,
Carlos

or maybe she will want a black Vee??? she will have two to help her decide !!!! :cool:

ah, and aks is also for sale so maybe she will want a red one !!!

Ill try and meet up with you guys on Saturday at the Forth Road Bridge, or failing that Ill try and pop along on Saturday night.

Regards places to go in Falkirk:

Pubs - Town centre venues Id suggest are Behind The Wall, Comma, The Canteen, Rialto, JD Wetherspoons (prob same as any other JD Wetherspoons!)

Clubs - erm, Rosies - avoid Storm unless youre keen on the boxing :eek:

Will you be eating in the hotel? If not, I can give you some ideas for food depending on what youre after (Indian, Chinese, traditional Scottish Fish & Chips ;) )

Ive attached a wee map to help you navigate to the Pubs!

Numbered as per the Pubs above

http://img29.photobucket.com/albums/v87/The_Gza/Town_Centre.gif

Mercedes C200,Clio R.I.P.

Quote: Originally posted by B@llsie on 06 April 2004

This suits me just fine.

Total distance: 38.4 miles (61.9 km )
Total estimated time: 50 min
this is how long itll take me to get there so anyone else i can meet up with along the way?