ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

URGENT FOR SCOTLAND PEOPLE !!!

GR7

Shiny red R32

Slugger

Have you thought about parking once you are in Edinburgh? As anyone local will tell you it can be a bit of a nightmare and more so Easter time. If I were you I would park up at Greenside Place multi-storey which is near the Playhouse Theatre and the new Omni Centre shopping/leisure centre.

It is at the far end of Princes Street, turn left at the lights into Leith Street and you are almost there. Maybe someone else local will mention the parking.

If you continue along Leith Walk you will come to Leith where the Royal Yacht Britannia is berthed, right beside yet another big new shopping centre Ocean Terminal.

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1081297622__EdMap.jpg

Quote: Originally posted by Slugger on 06 April 2004

You mean for the whole trip Daz (Fri-Mon)?

Take it youve got a Williams then?
Erm.. My 1.2 drinks petrol for a 1.2... heh.

Hi, I stay in Falkirk and Ive just picked up my first 172 :D (<200miles on the clock!), but wont be able to make the run due to work commitments :(. Ive got my membership in the post though!

Whats happening during the evenings in Falkirk? Id hate to miss out on such a big meeting of Clios right on my doorstep. Can someone email/pm me? Please!? Itd be good to meet other members.

right im up for it (i dont know what im agreeing too tho lol)

i have lost everyones mobile numbers so if you can send me them it would be great

Quote: Originally posted by AGMitch on 07 April 2004

Hi, I stay in Falkirk and Ive just picked up my first 172 :D (<200miles on the clock!), but wont be able to make the run due to work commitments :(. Ive got my membership in the post though!

Whats happening during the evenings in Falkirk? Id hate to miss out on such a big meeting of Clios right on my doorstep. Can someone email/pm me? Please!? Itd be good to meet other members.

look in the other Scotland "for Scotland People" thread for outline of what we are planning to do - this also gives the Cliosport Mobile number and you can contact us to sort out meeting us. We are possibly going to Falkirk Wheel meet/cruise on Sat. night.

if you have any advice on "to dos" then please let me know!!

Cheers

K

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by JillyB on 07 April 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Melly T on 07 April 2004

Quote: Originally posted by JillyB on 06 April 2004

Will there be plenty of wee stops?
There needs to be :oops:
good, im pregnant as well :)confused:) plenty of wee stops for Mel and I please!!!!!!

Are you kidding Jilly? If not, when is yours due?

SORRY !!!! FORGOT TO ATTACH TO EMAIL !!!!!

Menu

STARTERS

French Onion & Thyme Soup £2.95

Galia Melon with Orange Segments £3.25

Puff Pastry Box (filled with button mushrooms in creamy pepper sauce) £3.50

Roast Cherry Tomatoes with mozzarella salad with pesto £3.75

Haggis baked in filo pastry with clapshot & a whiskey & chive sauce £3.75

Coultars Pate rolled in pistachio nuts £3.95

Caesar Salad with Cajun spiced chicken £3.95

MAIN COURSES

White wine steamed mussels with chilli spiced tomato & lime sauce £7.95

Escalope of Salmon with roast peppers and lemongrass dressing £10.25

Chicken & Cheddar cordon bleu with egg noodles & a tomato & basil coulis £9.75

Peppered duck breast red onion confit & a claret jus £11.95

Flatcap & wild mushroom ravioli £7.25

8 oz sirloin £11.95

8 oz fillet £13.95

HOME COMFORTS

Strips of pepper beef with boiled rice £7.95

Traditional steak & mushroom and real ale pie £5.25

Chicken mufghi Jalfrezi £5.95

Breaded haddock with tartare sauce £5.25

Wholetail breaded scampi with lemon £5.95

Vegetable lasagne & garlic bread £5.75

DESSERTS

Vanilla poached pear and ice cream £3.25

Caramel topped applie pie with cream £3.50

Warm chocolate fudge cake £3.25

White chocolate & orange mousse £3.75

Spotted dick with vanilla custard £3.50

Selected cheeses £4.95

Slugger - Wellgreen car park is literally 50 yards further on from St James on the opposite side of the road and a better bet for yall

VW ....

^^ im thinking The_Gza means the car park beside the Warner Bros Cinema village (not sure if that is Greenside Place though)

Quote: Originally posted by cli0 172 on 08 April 2004

^^ im thinking The_Gza means the car park beside the Warner Bros Cinema village (not sure if that is Greenside Place though)

Yeah - thats the one I mean! :oops:

Knew there was a green in the name somewhere! lol

Either way, its the one further down from St James on the opposite side of the road underneath the Omni complex!

BMW 320d Sport

Have a great time all of you. Wont be coming due to unforseen circumstances, but good luck to the Cliosport staff in running the whole show, and hope you all enjoy yourselves!

Mercedes C200,Clio R.I.P.

meant to say me aunt told me she heard on the news that this sunday the forth road bridge is getting work done on it and 1 lane might be shut.

heard there was a convoy of renaults going through camelon earlier. wish i had seen it just need to wait until sunday the guy in the shop said there was 20 odd cars. nice

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by Doyle on 09 April 2004

meant to say me aunt told me she heard on the news that this sunday the forth road bridge is getting work done on it and 1 lane might be shut.

Have no fear, it doesnt start until next weekend! Thsi is from tonights Evening News:

"DRIVERS CROSSING the Forth Road Bridge next weekend face delays of at least 90 minutes with the start of resurfacing work until November. Traffic queues stretching as far as Edinburgh and miles into Fife are expected to remain for up to eight hours a day, from 17 April, during closure of the bridge’s southbound carriageway.

Police and bridge officials are urging motorists to divert via the Kincardine Bridge or travel by rail, with many trains being doubled in length. However, they warned that drivers may have to travel as far as Stirling to avoid knock-on congestion caused by diverted traffic. A contraflow will operate on northbound lanes of the bridge between 6pm on Fridays and 6am on Mondays until 21 June. Work resumes on 3 September to avoid disrupting the Royal Highland Show, Edinburgh Festival and T in the Park.

The tailbacks are expected to last from before noon until 7pm, and reach Cramond, and Halbeath, in Fife, by 3pm. Queues on the A8000 are expected to be backed up to the M9. However, the work will be postponed if there is heavy rain or strong winds. "

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Wont be able to make it, both my cv joints are f**ked and the car basically sounds like its about to die! Would have come along in the Rover but its not much better! Are people defo going to the Falkirk wheel tonight or what?

Tappd'd RS

yup - meet was yesterday at the Forth Road Bridge, Big Iain and I turned up.

I think some folks were meeting them last night and today too.