ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

URGENT HELP, clio mk1 1.4

Clio 1.4, 'P' reg.

hi, i dont have a clio, but i have a friend who does, unfortunatly she has a starting, battery drainage issue.

she took the car out and when she went back to it, it wouldnt start, she had recovery get it goin, im not sure how they did, possibly jump start.
this mornin, i then looked at it, and the car wouldnt start, turned over and starting clickin, so being a flat battery.

A new battery was put on, but 5 hours later, the battery was completly flat, wouldnt even start or crank.

is there any common faults for battery drainage on this model?
has anyone got any wiring diagrams that i can use?

thanks for any help

she said she drove it, and got home, thenan hour after she tried it and the lights came on and it wouldnt start, her words are no revs, so i think that means it wouldnt turn over.

so more than likly an alternator fault, her journey took the life out of the battery.

is this a common fault?

update:

jumped started car, and it ran fine, the battery had been completly drained. checked wiring, and i found someone had done bypass wiring to the cooling fans, direct wiring from the battery power and earth straight to the cooling fan connector, i also noticed the earth wire was not connected, and just floating about, i touched it to earth terminal and the fans kicked in, i then switched the car off and the fans will not cut out untill this lead is disconnected. so it took it off again, and made sure its out the way of touching the chassis, the car will now start, so its obviously gettin the charge through to the battery, so i dont think its the alternator, im hopin this wire was just touchin the chassis causin it to drain.

any thoughts?

thanks for any help, much appreciated.

Mk1 Maxim Sport
update:

jumped started car, and it ran fine, the battery had been completly drained. checked wiring, and i found someone had done bypass wiring to the cooling fans, direct wiring from the battery power and earth straight to the cooling fan connector, i also noticed the earth wire was not connected, and just floating about, i touched it to earth terminal and the fans kicked in, i then switched the car off and the fans will not cut out untill this lead is disconnected. so it took it off again, and made sure its out the way of touching the chassis, the car will now start, so its obviously gettin the charge through to the battery, so i dont think its the alternator, im hopin this wire was just touchin the chassis causin it to drain.

any thoughts?

thanks for any help, much appreciated.

An Auto-Electrician maybe?!?!?!