ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Urgent help please - HIDs

Ph2 172
Hi,

I've got the car to bits and want to finish it soon, hence the urgent request for help!

Basically I broke some of the internal mounts for the HIDs, it' all fixed now, but the problem is the beam pattern. Please help!

When I put the HIDs on and look at the car square on the amount of light is different on each side. The drivers side - only the bottom half of the sphere is giving out light. However, on the passenger side, the whole sphere is giving light off. It almost looks like a different coour as well. Is this normal because we drive on the left so the drivers HID is more dipped than the passanger.

Please could somebody go and check their headlights to see if it's the same. Passenger HID all lit, drivers side only bottom half is lit.

Please help ASAP!

Thanks ;)

Nick

Ph2 172
17 views?

Could somebody please check their HIDs tonight to see if the passenger side HID is fully lit and the drivers side only the bottom is lit?

Thanks!

ph1 172
check the beam pattern by point the car at something, you cant tell anything by looking at the car and you'll blind yourself

BMW M135i
Which side have you broke the mounts in and which mounts? My guessing is you've fucked the headlight. It'd be hard to get it back in spot on without the mounts.

Ph1 172 + Combo van
the beam pattern is meant to light up the kerb. so it should be higher on the passenger side where the kerb is then down on the drivers side to not blind other drivers on the other side of the road.

Ph2 172
the beam pattern is meant to light up the kerb. so it should be higher on the passenger side where the kerb is then down on the drivers side to not blind other drivers on the other side of the road.

That's what I was hoping! If I park infront of a garage about 1 metre away. The passenger side beam is about 2-3 inches above the line of the drivers beam. It seems a little high to me!

What do you think?