ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Urgent help... Probably a common problem

Yozza'd Titanium 182
On my way home from work i noticed the lights on my dashboard behind my rev counter and speed dial were out, also my rear lights were out.

So first thort is a fuse. I checked all my fuse's which appear to be fine then i spoke to a friend who reminded me about the fuse's under the bonnet.

I pulled one fuse out from under the bonnet and it was fine, so put it back in and now...

The car wont start. It turns over but will not fire up.

Can anyone help?
Cheers

Jap Box
100% sure you put the fuse back in fully?

Could just be a coincidence though that the car wont start now after removing a fuse. Tried starting it with jumpleads or anything else?

Yozza'd Titanium 182
It was quite dark but yes im sure i put the fuse in properly.
Not tried the jump leads (dont see the need as the battery is fine)
I hope i havnt reset something, when i turn the key the immoberliser light is solid (non flashing) then it cuts out after about 4 seconds?

Shhh
Does the key lock / unlock the car.?

Have you tried the spare key.?

Is there fuel in it.?

I know that the key alone will turn it over, it needs the chip in the key to be present to get it to fire..

RenaultSport 172
Do the 182s have the red fuel cut off switch under the bonnet near the suspension turret? If so make sure you havent knocked that!

Yozza'd Titanium 182
Petrols fine... keys fine, havnt knocked anything.

IMO... this has happened within a matter of seconds after i removed a fuses under the bonnet and put it back in.
Its as if iv reset something

BMW M135i
Check all the fuses then see if the coil pack and injectors are getting powered. Which one did you pull?

Jap Box
I hope i havnt reset something, when i turn the key the immoberliser light is solid (non flashing) then it cuts out after about 4 seconds?

Im sure that with the light on solid it means the immobiliser is engaged constantly, which will mean the car wont start. Someone with more knowledge could correct me though but I think this is the case on 1.2's etc.

VW ID.3
Theres 3 black relays in the fuse box under the bonnet, one of them has something to do with starting the car, check that theres no corrosion on any of the pins and swap them around when you refit them, see if that cures it.