ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Urgent help required please....

clio 16v
ok my rear brake caliper was seizing but I managed to get it unseized, it's been running fine for a couple of days but this mornig when I applied the brake there was this loud bang from the rear end, on further inspection I find that the four bolts which hold the stub axle onto the trailing arm have snapped and the are still in the trailing arm. Does anyone know if these can be drilled out and rethreaded or am I looking at a whole new rear bar?

clio 16v
ok after speaking to mates uncle who owns the garage I use I think mebe it's not the stub axle bolts. He reckons if they had sheared then my back wheel would basically have fallen off, he says the four bolts that have snapped are there to hold in place the piece of metal between the disc and stub axle which the rear caliper bolts to. reckon he is correct?

Will post pics this evening!

yeah they hold the caliper bracket on, the stub axle comes through the back.

i still have no idea how it could break the 4 bolts.

clio 16v
I do and it's my own fault, when I changed my brake pads i fuked up. U know the L-shaped piece of metal which slides into the caliper to stop the pads falling out, well it has a hole either side for a little loop of wire to be inserted which stops it sliding out. when I took my old pads out I noticed one of these was missing. I put the new pads on and only inserted the wire in the left hand hole intending on going to renault to get one the next day. Well I forgot like a total moron!! Anyway as looks as the bar has slid slightly to the left the pad nearest the piston has dropped out. This morning I had my stereo up full bore and I reckon Ive driven bout 10 mile with the bare piston rubbing the brake disc and coz of my tunes i Have not heard the piston grinding. First thing I knew was the loud bang of those bolts snapping. Anyway im just hoping the garage manage to drill them out and re-thread or im gonna need a whole rear beam, which is gona be expensive.