ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

URGENT help with ignition barrel please!!

TT 225

Help! Im replacing the ignition barrel in my clio so all the locks match (had to replace the boot lock) but I cant get the old one out?!

Ive taken the cowling off and disconnected the 2 plugs, and taken the torx bolt out from the side of the barrel... now what? Its not in my Haynes book and no matter what I do, witht he key in or out of the barrel its stuck?

Please someone help?! :(

key in, grub screw out, turn one click, push in the catch underneath and out she falls...but you know that now cos youve done it!

youre kidding..when I de-keyed my car the other week I couldnt figure out how to do it so I did the hammer trick. If only id known it was that easy.

Russ

TT 225

I went all the way through the Haynes book and couldnt find it.. but yep - its done now :D and yea it was easy but it didnt fall out like it should - needed pressure on the 2 pins to push them and someone else to pull the barrel out.

Done now - still, took an hour of my time to change both locks (including struggling and posting on here and RSC about the ignition lol) and £35 for the locks. Saved myself a pretty penny from bloody dealer prices! :D

Cool-least you didnt end up smashing the column with a hammer an ruining something you wish you hadnt!

Didnt see your first post otherwise I would have replied sooner!