ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

URGENT: MOT retest tomorrow - WTF?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
I can't get my rear number plate light to work.

The car failed on that at rear brake pads but they are sorted... The simplest thing to do has turned into the hardest!

I can't work out how to get the rear number plate light to work!

DSC00946.gif

DSC00949.gif

I have oiled all the connections and cleaned them with a screwdriver. I have tried everything!?

Step dad put one of those yellow things that read if electric is getting to the base of the unit but he couldn't get a reading...

Any ideas what i need to buy?

Is there anything i can rig up to get it through the MOT?

Any help much appreciated as if its fixed tomorrow i get it re tested free - otherwise its £20 ffs! :(

Ta!

172 Cup & Clio dci Van
stupid question i know but you did have the lights turned on when he tested it with the multimeter? lol

and the bulb is def ok / new?

S4 Avant
I think I might have a spare bulb, holder and connecter lying around downstairs if you want it?

I'm driving up to the cat and fiddle for about half 9ish, where we went the other week.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
stupid question i know but you did have the lights turned on when he tested it with the multimeter? lol

and the bulb is def ok / new?

Aye we had the lights on.

Tried 3 different bulbs & also checked them with the yellow thing so they deffo work!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
I think I might have a spare bulb, holder and connecter lying around downstairs if you want it?

I'm driving up to the cat and fiddle for about half 9ish, where we went the other week.

Il try the connector off a mates car and if it works il take u up on that offer. Just il lend theirs while MOT is done and il give you pennies to post it me.

If thats whats up with it like!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
It didn't fail on the numberplate light when it was originally tested?

If not, I don't think they'll test it again...I thought they only retested the item the car failed on i.e. your rear brakes.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
It didn't fail on the numberplate light when it was originally tested?

If not, I don't think they'll test it again...I thought they only retested the item the car failed on i.e. your rear brakes.

no mate it was tested today and failed on breaks and that light. So if i take it back tomorrow thats all they will test.

update anyways!

I took the thing off to have another look at it and couldn't get it to work still. proper ragged it/the wires all over getting stressed with it and then it came on :S WTF.

hope its stays on till tomorrow now!

Exotica/MK1 Astra
take a positive from one of the rear side lights to the lamp and earth the other terminal!

Exotica/MK1 Astra
sounds like a damaged wire/terminal somewhere, if yo uuse the above method be sure to put a fuse in if you intend to leave i tlike that or sort it properly soon after mot

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Il leave it as it is atm and if it breaks again il try and work out how to take a wire from the side light :eek:

thanks mate.

Cro

Meg'd r27
I thought they only tested the things it failed on. But this happened to me and it was corroded connections on the plug. A good file down and some wd40 on the pins and it was fine. some need to chop the plug off and get a new block connection