ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

URGENT URGENT HELP NEEDED PLEASE

someone rear ended me on the 17th of november, and ive got an excess of £800 because it went up £400 because im under 21.

ive had a courtasy car for a month but they took it back now because the excess hasnt been paid yet as i dont have the money to fork out nearly £1000 on excess.

as its a non fault shouldnt the other insurance pay the excess?

i start work on the 5th of jan and i dont have a car to get there now. and i cannot get a courtasy car until my car is being fixed. and my car cannot be fixed until the excess ha been paid or waved, and i cannot pay this as i dont have the money.

So how long does that insurance have to pay the excess as its not my fault?

Really need help coz if i dont get a car by early next week im screwed.

Need advise

Bus w**ker
If it's not your fault then you'd usually have to pay out the excess and then you get it back as part of your pay out when the insurance company of the party at fault pays out.

you have to pay it first i think...then claim it back...

sometimes they do this...i never had to however...must depend on type of cover..?

RenaultSport 172
Your insurance company are con artists. If its a non fault claim then they shouldn't take the excess from you. I've had two cars written off with non fault accidents and I never had to pay any excess.
I'd advise switching to Direct line when you have the chance.

clio v6 no.430
ring up a company called accident exchange they'll sort everything and you dont even have to inform your insurance company if you've had an accident, they'll give you a like for like car too.....

iceberg 172
if you tell the insurance that you cant afford the excess then they should go ahead with the repairs if it wasnt your fault as your insurance will claim it from the other party.

2004 100bhp dci
well i hate to tell you this but my dad recently got hit like you did and he had to pay the excess he did get given a courtesy car but only for one month, in total i think it took him roughly 9-12 months from the time of the accident the time off the work time in hospital and the time it took lawyers and insurance companies to swap details and all the rest of it with doctor check ups and medical reports, and what made it worse was the fact the women who hit him admitted it was her fault striaght from the start but still took all this time

Last edited:
  182 FF
Im with direct line and had a crash which was no fault back in april and i did'nt have to pay a penny out