ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

URGENT Would these wheels fit my mk2 ph 1 172

Hard to say about catching the brakes, will depend very much on the style of wheel and how the spokes are. I've had an issue (as have others) where i've kept the same ET as standard rims and still had issues with wheels fouling brakes due to spoke design or any ribs/strengthening in the casting on the back of the wheel.

16v
These are the wheels im looking to buy!

Alloys.jpg

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
they are p**n BUT 1 i dont think they would suit and 2, i think the spkes would catch, i dunno tho

Chocolate Bar™
are they duttys old wheels? wont catch the inner gubbins may catch the arches though as they're only 7 inch, and et 30 means they stick out away from the arch. However, the design of the wheel may mean you wont get them over the discs. et of a ph1 172 is around a 40 iirc so you're aboyt 10mm out of the arch than you should be

16v
are they duttys old wheels? wont catch the inner gubbins may catch the arches though as they're only 7 inch, and et 30 means they stick out away from the arch. However, the design of the wheel may mean you wont get them over the discs. et of a ph1 172 is around a 40 iirc so you're aboyt 10mm out of the arch than you should be

Im not sure if they were duttys old wheels but they are on ebay for sale!

Chocolate Bar™
looks pretty similar, would look mint. I'd go for them if the price is right, and then if they dont fit sell them, i'm sure they will on here

172 cup'd extreme
Like taylor said those wheels will more than likley catch on the rear calipers due to the spoke design