ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Urgently need 3 monitor graphics card

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Help me!

Need a 3 monitor graphics card, have no idea what I’m looking at. Not used for gaming, just work. Ideally not mental money.

PC has an AMD 8350 CPU AND ASUS m5a97 r2.0 mother board.

Monitors take HDMI

Thank you

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
If you're not striving for current level level tech and want it purely for work, you could do a lot worse than a 1650. I've got a standard 1050 installed in my works PC. Does me fine supporting three monitors, though specifically going for 3x HDMI ports is a limiting factor these days.

Do you have any monitors that support DisplayPort? If you did, mixing and matching those with HDMI would give you many more options.

Last edited:

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I’ve had to change the monitors I ordered as they were on back order. New ones have DP so that was a result!

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Nearly set up now, waiting on a display port cable for the last monitor. Frustratingly the monitors only came with HDMIs. For now two will do. Quite a large set up. The monitors massively overflow my desk but who cares, this is now like the workstation I'm used with everything at the right height and properly setup.

IMG_0973[1].JPG
IMG_0974[1].JPG

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
That lack of screen alignment is disturbing.
That's part because of the monitor arm, although I can adjust it out, I think (middle and right on same arm). But at work I have my phone under there so I'm weirdly used to have that one a bit higher!

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Agreed with @MarkCup ! I never thought my OCD was too bad until I almost wanted to gauge my eyes out after seeing the monitor height difference.

Getting there tho mate.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Is there any need for having the empire state building on top of your processor?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
😂 yep, I bought it like that and it works a charm!

One week into this and it’s all working very nicely. No back ache from the monitors being at the wrong level.