ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

URL Rewriting? .HTACCESS?

Let me put the icing on the cake... You guys wouldn't trust me with a server ;) yet today the IT asked me to help him strip a server rack down to bare metal and disassemble it and move the servers into a new rack :O

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Let me put the icing on the cake... You guys wouldn't trust me with a server ;) yet today the IT asked me to help him strip a server rack down to bare metal and disassemble it and move the servers into a new rack :O

That's not even IT, that's monkey work.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Everyone seems to be overthinking this, no? Just call the server intranet then everyone can just type in http://intranet. Move the joomla install from the /intranet folder to the root web folder. Problem solved! Works fine with our linux support webserver

yes that will work provided the renaming of the server wont impose other problems. if they have 200 computers accessing it via the UNC name then it would be a bit of a headache. The intranet site will have to have the default bindings (as you have said).