ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

US iPhone 4

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I'm heading over to New York in March and was just wondering if I bought an iPhone4 over there (cheaper prices I'm assuming?) what would I need to do to get it working if at all back here. Any help appreciated.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
You cant unlock them they are locked to AT&T. (nor can you buy them Sim free from apple in the USA)

(Please dont bother replying "but you can jailbreak and unlock" because at the moment you can't. Not to mention the fact its the most painful process in exisitance)

Get an ipad instead. (snigger)

Mercedes
Depending on the exchange you get it can work out much cheaper, im pretty sure if you get an unlocked one then its just the sim card in and away, but i think the Apple stores only sell them linked to AT&T

for eg Basic I Pad is 499 Dolars at 1.30 to the pound its 384 Quid, Im lucky i still have 700 quids worth of dollars that i bought at 1.98 the the pound.

Mercedes
You cant unlock them they are locked to AT&T. (nor can you buy them Sim free from apple in the USA)

(Please dont bother replying "but you can jailbreak and unlock" because at the moment you can't. Not to mention the fact its the most painful process in exisitance)

He Might be lucky last time i was there i think they were opening to Verizon (sp??) on the 10th March and they will then start selling unlocked ones at the same time.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member

Ah thats a shame :( Thanks for clearing it up for me.