ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

USB GPS Receiver?

Is there such a thing as 'USB GPS Receiver', If so how does it work? Do i have to pay any monthly charges?. :) info please

Yes there is.
No monthly subscription.
I have one doing nothing - wanna buy it? ;) Mine is SiRF and NMEA.
I used it for about 5minutes.. and it's never been plugged in since.

Just use the sort you can get for a PDA but bluetooth it to your PC instead of a PDA?

Depends what you want it for really.

Revels106 said:
Just use the sort you can get for a PDA but bluetooth it to your PC instead of a PDA?

Depends what you want it for really.

Or just get a USB GPS receiver like he wanted? :rasp::quiet::rolleyes:;)

Daz said:
Yes there is.
No monthly subscription.
I have one doing nothing - wanna buy it? ;) Mine is SiRF and NMEA.
I used it for about 5minutes.. and it's never been plugged in since.

Maybe just maybe :) Explain it to me more.
How does it work ?? Where does it get the singal from to detect where you are ?
And does it work on the move ??? :) does the computer need to be connected to the internet. What kinda of software does it use

cheers mate :-D

MR2 2.0 N/A & Mk1 1.2Clio
Na it was to the other one :p

"Results 1 - 10 of about 59 for dazs usb gps reciever"
Lol post edit!

UR 197, AB 182 FF
I also have a usb gps receiver for sale. plugs straight into usb and works with pretty much all the usual gps thingys..

£20 posted?

This Threads moving to fast, 'Mike' Or 'Daz' Have any of you two got a link to the GPS USB thing your selling ?.

(I will take the best out of the two :) )

UR 197, AB 182 FF
Rob_887 said:
This Threads moving to fast, 'Mike' Or 'Daz' Have any of you two got a link to the GPS USB thing your selling ?.

(I will take the best out of the two :) )

No, but I can take a pic. Cost me £40 a year or so ago and its just sat in my wardrobe ever since.

Tried it recently with a usb->ps2 adapter to try it on my pda but no go so I need to get rid and get a new gps device for my pda.

MikeDX said:
No, but I can take a pic. Cost me £40 a year or so ago and its just sat in my wardrobe ever since.

Tried it recently with a usb->ps2 adapter to try it on my pda but no go so I need to get rid and get a new gps device for my pda.
Yeah a picture would be great:)
Do you know its model number? brande name ??
And are you sure it will do what i want.
(Work as a Sat Nav in my car pc :) )

I used mine in the car.. with Infomap Navigator and Destinator.

It's nowhere NEAR as good as a TomTom tho.. it's inferior on most things, but hey.. :p

Daz said:
I used mine in the car.. with Infomap Navigator and Destinator.

It's nowhere NEAR as good as a TomTom tho.. it's inferior on most things, but hey.. :p
O Right, In what way is it not as good as tomtom.
I'm not looking for all out TOM TOM,
all i want is A map With a arrow(that is my car) that moves when i move :) and maybe Plan out a route that i can follow.

will they give me that ?? (All in real time)

They will.
Whether it'll work right, is another matter.

In terms of navigation, it's "OK". TomTom is much better, tho.

I used mine purely just to see the arrow - and that's fine..

The main issue is the update time and the accuracy, but.. depends if you just want a pretty picture ;)
I tended to use mine just to watch DVD's in the end.. and then I used it for nothing so ripped it all out :p

UR 197, AB 182 FF
Rob_887 said:
I understand, So its sticky, ;)

MikeDX Where are you, How would you like paying:)

Bank transfer, cash or bumlove.

i'll take paypal if you pay the fees ;)

In watford.. you?

UR 197, AB 182 FF
Found it.

http://www.easydevices.co.uk/pp/Receivers/GLOBALSAT_BU303_USB_GPS_RECEIVER.html

large_gpsbu303a.jpg

just downloaded the drive for it and pluged it in at work. worked perfectly :) £55!! (£64.63 inc VAT) I guess I should up my price to £30 ;)