ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

USB Storage thing

my pendrive was working fine until i deleted some old college files from it. it now says that it is formatted for a Macintosh and needs reformatting. when i try to reformat it, it says that it cannot be reformatted! any idea what the f**k im supposed to do with it, as it has the missus' uni work on it!

answers on a postcard!

James

it had been formatted by me when i got it - 2 years ago.

since the error message came up, i have unplugged it, restarted my Laptop and tried to reformat it by following the automatic steps that come up when selecting "do you want to reformat now"

when it has gone through the process, it says "unable to reformat". and still wont work.

RB 182
I've got the same problem on a SD card I've got, but I've not got around to fixing it yet. I'm thinking of forensically wiping it.

no write protection switch on it. wasnt removed whilst in use, always follow the procedure of stopping it before unplugging it. the recovery thing hasnt worked as it cant "see" the drive.

think it might need "modifying" with a hammer.

cant see anything broken, loose or out of shape, the LED lights up when plugged in and the laptop makes that ding dong sound when its plugged in and out. the message "this device could work faster" comes up in a bubble in the toolbar, but nothing else.