ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Using different profile tyres

A4 Avant & A3
I have a set of alloys for the mrs's car that need a little refurb & 1 new tyre. (they have 3 new 195/55/15 tyres on at the moment)
However she wants "Those tyres with the v shapes" (her words) So i have found some Goodyear F1's for £35 each but they are 195/50/15

Would it be ok to have 2 55 profile tyres on the front (to wear out & replace when needed) and have the 2 new 50 profile on the back? or is that a big no no?

(seems a bit silly to replace 3 perfectly good tyres - but oyu know women)

M2 Competition
So long as front and backs are same left and right (if that makes sense) 5% difference in profile shouldnt do any harm mate.

106 GTi
Be fine as long as the two on the same axle are the same size like Rex said.

Loads of 306 owners run the 50 profiles to save money over 55's alters the speedo reading slightly.

A4 Avant & A3
can you remove tyres yourself without too much bother??? (i'm guessing not)
i could do with getting them off to refurb them, but then i'm gonna have to pay to get them removed & then pay again for fitting of the new ones..
(more to the point, i got a bad back at the moment, so putting them in the car to get done is something i shouldn't be doing at the moment)

A4 Avant & A3
saying that... lol i chanage the proile on my old 309 thinking back, as the 50's were cheaper than 55's! (think i'm might have gone from 185 to 195 aswell though)

A4 Avant & A3
Rich, this is actually a 306 dturbo :) ,my mate bought a 306 cab the other day & replaced the wheels so i acquired his old ones (like the gti6 wheels), but they are a bit scuffed.

M2 Competition
Wheels will look cool mate, what colours the car?

Sounds like a refurb in a different colour is in order... lol

106 GTi
Did the same on my 309 GTi, 185/55's to 195/50's to save some money. Stayed with the proper sized ones on the 205 as it never felt as good on wider rubber.

Let them down and you maybe able to push the tyres back and break the bead and prise them off the rims.

Thought they may have been Cyclones, by the tyre size, my Xsi had the same rims.

A4 Avant & A3
it's a darkish metalic blue (don't know the actual name) 3 door, i am just doing them the usual silver, don't go putting ideas in her head now lol