ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

usual oil leak culprit?

ant

yep.
172 mk2 ph2.

sump plug? rocker cover gasket? or could it be anything!!

noticed a bit on the path this morning, too dark to look now.

SUmp plug shouldn't leak there put in strong enough by Renault (I'm sure they use a breakers bar). I'd think it will be the top manifold gasgets have a look down around where the intake manifold goes into the head where you might find some oil. Also check the oil filler cap as oil can leak from there.

Volvo S60 T5
new washer must be fitted with every oil change or they leak!!

take note of this!

they cost 88p plus vat from your local dealer.

BMW Z4 2.5si Sport
FredYozzasport said:
also the gearbox leaks out of the linkage (thats normal)

Got a clio 1.4 16v with the gearbox selector leaking, surely it cant be normal? its done if for a few years, but recently the black under tray is almost completely covered in oil from here.. so must be getting worse.. whats involved in sorting it/ cost?

ta. :)

tiTTy & SV650
FredYozzasport said:
rocker cover+bolts leak

very common one, look for oil in the low parts of the casting, round about the oil filler.

might just be a leaking shock?

CTR--VX220D
Im changing my suspension tomorrow so will have another look but my leak is dripping from the gear linkages.

:(