ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V+ Is it any good.?

yes we have the box hooked up via HDMI only, not sure what HD channels there are though, it will say on the V site

Clio 182
BBC HD was the only one i could see on mine. Not worth getting just for HD but worth it if you dont have a PVR.

Scirocco GT 2.0
its cracking, 3 tuners is a huge bonus.

+1 BBC HD is quite gd, watched the olympic opening ceremony on there recently, also there are some HD movies you can rent for 24 hours in 'Film flex' the on demand stuff on virgin is pretty good too.

Rumour is that channel 4 and ITV will be adding HD channels soon

Citroen DS3 DSport
The 3 tuners is better than any HD content, a major reason why I wouldn't bother with Sky HD. I've never been overly impressed with HD broadcasts either on Sky or Virgin, not worth the additional £10 per month charge on Sky.

Shhh
Dont have a BT phone line, been running though the price packages, bearing in mind, we dont have to pay £10.50 to BT, no line rental on cable for those that dont have it.

(prices per month, 12 month contract, V+ installation £75)

Package 1

2 MB BroadBand - £4.50
Medium TV Package - Free
Phone (basic) - £11

Total - £15.50 (£20.50 with V+)

Package 2

2 MB BroadBand - £4.50
Large Tv Package - £9.00
Phone - £11.00

Total - £24.50 (£29.50 with V+)

Package 3

2 MB BroadBand - £4.50
XL TV - £19.50
Phone - £11.00

Total £36 (£36 with V+)

Shhh
I was asking,

at the moment, we have a usual V box, into the 42" plasma using the scart lead. Its pretty poor.

We wanted the Virgin HD (V+) box, as it uses a HDMI cable out.

I was asking, if you have the V+ box, does the picture look any better with the HDMI cable, then the scart.

Does the V+ box upscale, improve picture quality etc..

Scirocco GT 2.0
we have a pretty good package with virgin at the mo for being a cable customer for 13 years:

Unlimited Phone Calls, 20MB Broadband, XL TV Package, V+ box and 2nd box upstairs all for £65/month.. :approve:

V+ deffo ftw, sky is good don't get me wrong but virgin offers more with on demand serives and as previously mentioned if it breaks its replaced for free, which is not the case with sky! the only downside is lack of HD channels but its only really sky sports and movies coz the rest of the channels available in HD are pretty borin anyway so your not actually missin out that much, HDMI output works wonders for me dunno bout everyone else but yer picture quality is great....

I have both Sky+ and V+ in my house for some strange reason and if I had to lose one it would deffo be sky

Citroen DS3 DSport
I use the V+ on demand service lots, it's definitely far superior to the Sky service. Setanta for free is also handy.

Shhh
Setanta is free on XL TV.

The ideal thing is too have the V+ on the L TV Package we have now, then go with a Eurostar / Starview / Dreambox.

If these had a HDMI output, or even a good component this would be great. These are not illegal to own, just illegal to connect to a network / service you dont pay for.... ;)

fulhamfcboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Laguna V6 and 19 16v
+1 I love my V+

1 HD channel.. PMSL why would anyone bother?

SKY HD ftwtbqh...

There is more than one HD channel

Also, V+ is cheaper and remind me, who fixes your box when it breaks after the first 12 months?

There is only 1 HD channel at present, BBC HD....Great if you like watching Torchwood looped in HD.... I do have V+ by the way, and the PVR rocks.....

fulhamfcboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Laguna V6 and 19 16v
As also mentioned, the on demand is excellent, I too find I tend to watch more on demand as it suits more........

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I've got it in my room, it is pretty good but not as good as sky in my opinion. The TV guide etc takes too long to load most of the time!

Black 172...KN53EL*
I was asking,

at the moment, we have a usual V box, into the 42" plasma using the scart lead. Its pretty poor.

We wanted the Virgin HD (V+) box, as it uses a HDMI cable out.

I was asking, if you have the V+ box, does the picture look any better with the HDMI cable, then the scart.

Does the V+ box upscale, improve picture quality etc..

Not sure about the difference between normal V box and V+ box connected via scart, however there is a difference between scart and HDMI via V+.....I regularly switch between the two (as I've got a video sender conencted via scart that I use if i want to watch tv in bed) and I can see the difference when watching via HDMI, albeit not much - you can really tell the difference with the menus though.

SLK 350
Anybody know of any good deals they're doing right now (bar £75 one) or any discounts. Will be placing my order in the next week or so.