ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V-maxx or KTR.

Clio 172 Ph1.
Im getting some coilovers really soon.
I have just spotted the new ktr coilies, and would like to know how they compare to the v-maxx?

NOTHING
i think people rate them about the same , i have been in cars with both and the k tec ones seemed to be a better ride .

Clio 172 Ph1.
Well im probably gonna buy them tonight.
Do any of you know if k-tec sells the new type of the V-maxx? Dont want my shock absorber to fall of.

Clio 172
i've paid for my v-maxx coilovers the other day, they should arrive in the next week and a half. i was put off the KTR ones because the rears only lower 40mm which isnt much.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
As above really, the front shocks are basicly the same unit and go down so much further than you will ever be able to run, im 70mm up from the bottom of the thread and I rub when cornering hard, the rear springs on the KTR kit seems to limit the height though so go vmax if you wanna go low at the rear. Saying that though the KTR kit is mint and really well made, but ye the only difference is that the rear shocks and springs are different!

Clio 172
As above really, the front shocks are basicly the same unit and go down so much further than you will ever be able to run, im 70mm up from the bottom of the thread and I rub when cornering hard, the rear springs on the KTR kit seems to limit the height though so go vmax if you wanna go low at the rear. Saying that though the KTR kit is mint and really well made, but ye the only difference is that the rear shocks and springs are different!

Shame the rears won't go a bit lower really. i would have happily paid much less for more or less the same product!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Indeed, they just need to change the rear springs it comes with! Im using the springs from my old Coilovers and the height is perfect for me:

DSC00185Custom.gif

225 powered mk2
I would say vmaxx. but has there been a recall on them or somthing? as i havnt got the update version of them??

Lionel Richie
i've fitted some v-maxx and tested them quite thoroughly, i'm yet to try out the k-tec gear

v-maxx for the money were brilliant!