ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

v-maxx vs raceland

Clio 182
v-maxx or raceland,what is the best?
v-maxx_zps28a4e097.jpg
[/IMG]
can be lowered up to 50mm at the front and 40mm at the back

raceland_zpsa9a07581.jpg
[/IMG]
can be lowered up to 60mm at the front and 45mm at the back

I do not know which one to buy,help :D

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Vmaxx are better I believe but this is CS so anything less then fully adjustable race suspension at £1000 is going to be unaccepatable.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Racelands are fairly shite, not long ago you could get that kit for around £150 iirc, the vmaxx are better. Also the racelands are really soft, you won't be able to have the front that low without it scrubbing constantly.

Vmaxx are better I believe but this is CS so anything less then fully adjustable race suspension at £1000 is going to be unaccepatable.

What!?
This is CS! So most people want their car slammed for the cheapest price with no regard for the handling.

There's probably a handful of people on here who have paid that sort of money on proper suspension.

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
If your options are Vmax or Raceland (never heard of either but I get the idea already by the names!) then I'd opt for neither and go with a set of Eibach sport lines instead, maintain a decent level of comfort along with a car that will handle probably better than the bottom line budget coilovers.

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
I have vmaxx, they are pants. For example was just doing 140 on the motorway and over every little crest the dampers lost the fight against the spring and the car goes very light. Not confidence inspiring at all. Spring rates are too high, damping to soft. Rear spring setup is comical.

172 cup
Sorry to hijack but been offered some vmaxx coilovers. Purely handling wise would I better sticking with my current setup, new cup shocks and prolines or the vmaxx. Btw it is a road car that will maybe see two track days a year.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Herpes or crabs?

I really like brand new cup shocks with sportlines. Bought a 172 on facepalmlands and the first big mod I did was to change to new shocks and sportlines. It did everything better apart from going really low.