ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 255

Clio V6 255

Hello everyone, first post time. Ive been browsing for a while and finally decided to register as Im hoping to become a Clio owner soon although I could do with a little help finding one.

What Im after is a used V6 255 which is where you might be able to help. Ive been keeping an eye on the Renault site although it doesnt seem to be updated too often, the two in Poole are sold, the one in London doesnt seem to exist and the other is in battleship grey:cry:

Does anyone know anything about the one for sale at Performance Direct in Bristol? I think its been for sale for some time and also been listed on ebay. Ive also had a look at a silver one for sale just off junction 28 of the M1 and its in excellent condition having only done 4500 miles on a 04 plate. The major downer is that it has already had two owners so that would make me the third owner in less than a year.

My budget is £20000 although I could stretch that for the right car. My first choice colour is blue but Ill consider others, not too keen on black though. Would like a one owner car with less than 10000 miles.

Cheers:)

John

MINI JCW

Ive just looked on autotrader and there are six. As for the silver one of J28 of the M1 if you like it then go for it, i dont think the number of owners is that important, obviously it will slightly effect resale value but the main thing is reg and mileage.

Clio V6 255

Cheers for that.

Ive been checking the trader most days and quite a few of the V6s listed are sold. The black 54 plate is a good price though but Ive had the nightmare before of a black car and dirt, scratches etc.

John

Clio v6

Dont worry about the dirt and scratches, you should be too busy driving it to bother about the minor details.

found one on a trade site for offers over 20,000 leather 54 plate etc, based in kent. should get for your price i d say, if you want details i ll let you know number etc!

Quote: Originally posted by Purdy182 on 29 March 2005
top gear on uk tv people +1 has just started. The v6 is on later on.
I recorded that bad boy with sky+! :D :D

Vee dub

Hi Johnny im from the Bristol area. I havnt seen any for sale in City Motors Renault Branch but they did have a silver one brand new. Autotrader is a good way of tracking one down.

CHEERS

Tom

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member

Bristol Street Renault in Exeter had a 54 plate V6 in black, 350 miles on teh clock for £19,995 and thats a main dealer.

Not sure if its sold yet, but I did see it at tescos the other night :)

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Black one at Bristol Street sold quickly ... tho it did have a paint defect which was why it was cheap.

Ford Fiesta

Quote: Originally posted by Evoo on 30 March 2005

Bristol Street Renault in Exeter had a 54 plate V6 in black, 350 miles on teh clock for £19,995 and thats a main dealer.

Not sure if its sold yet, but I did see it at tescos the other night :)

lol saleman taking it home?

big saving that.

I have a July 04 Iliad Blue V6 that I will be selling soon. It has been signed by Fernando Alonso in 4 places and has just done 7,000 miles. Apart from a couple of small chips in the bumper (which I will get fixed), its mint.

I was going to keep it until May/June time, but if someone wants it then Im willing to talk. Id rather see it go to a fan of the marque than a dealer, etc.

If I do advertise it, it will be for more than you want to pay for it to see if some F1 nut came-a-calling.

If youre interested, let me know, although Im out of the country from tomorrow until the 13th, so wed have to arrange to meet after that.

Clio V6 255

Thanks for the leads everyone, Im waiting for a couple of dealers to get back to me on prices.

Thanks for the offer Ian although Im not sure Id want to own a car once owned by a F1 driver ;)

Im still checking the autotrader site daily but if anyone spots a 255 advertised elsewhere either put it on this thread or PM me.

Cheers

John

Hi John,

Me again. Thats the best bit aboy Alonsos car. It wasn;t his. It was a brand new one that he signed. The comp was advertised like that, but it ended up being a new un. All he did was sign it and give me the keys!

Im in New Zealand now for a few days, but if you may be interested, let me know. If not, good luck with the search.

Ian

Johnny, I am looking at exactly the same condition vehicles as yourself. Looking for around the 20k mark but can go to more for the right car. Illiad blue the preferred colour.

Once my current BBR220 Mini Cooper S is sold I will be making positive moves to get the V6 ASAP.

Ian, I would be very interested at the right price and timescales could tie in nicely with me selling The Mini.

Clio V6 255

Not yet Jeremy, getting close though.

We are part exchanging the G/Fs 2003 mx5 and dealers dont want to give more than £10.5k so I think we may sell it privately.

Im still in contact with a couple of Renault dealers so theres hope yet.

John

Jeremy, my car is currently for sale (Mini Cooper S with BBR220 conversion and 11k miles) on certain forums and will go in Top Marques in the next 2-3 weeks (work commitments dictating this timescale). I am looking on a daily basis for a potential purchase at the right spec and price. As soon as mine is sold I will move quickly.

Hope to have one ASAP and realistically by middle of May.

Clio V6 255

Just a quick post to let you all know that Ive now got a stunning Clio 255 in Illiad sitting on my drive.

I cant tell you how happy I am with it, what a noise, what a sight.

Thanks all for the pointers and tips.

Cheers

John

Lucky man! The evo buying guide this month has pretty much convinced me Ill be looking for a Clio V6 when I come to sell my 172. But that wont be for a couple of years yet :(. At least Ive got a 172 to enjoy now! :)

Well done Jeremy, *IF* you dont mind what mileage, cost etc. I had a look ata couple on Friday and test drove an Illiad blue one too. :D