ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 Clio with NOS

Lionel Richie

NICE!!!!!

not the safest place to put it though!!! Imagine if you plough into the back of another car!!!!!

Clio 197

Silly installation of the bottle. And advertising the fact on the rear glass?

Stealth is the way forward.

Subtle! He has a 52 plate, why didnt he wait to get a new one? Is that an OE rear spoiler? Looks kinda weird..

-Rob

ncie one fella. Shoudl actually see a V6 go well up the strip now. Benn kind disapointed before when i have seen them.

Dont listen to people knocking the car, looks superb. NOS sticker aint my cup of tea but if I spent the money getting it plumbed in I would probably have it too ;)

Polo GTi

Hey Chris,

I wondered how long it would take you to stumble on this place. I have been a lurker for a while now and just managed to re-register as I forgot my user and pass.

You wont know me but I know you through mutual friends, Russ Starkey, fella with the CTR, anyway he told me you were getting a Cup so I thought Id look out for you and say hi. BTW it was me behind you today on the way to work Wed 14th, I was in the Grey 16v.

Anyway you probbably feel as though Im stalking you now.

Speak to you later

Rob

Nissan R35 GT-R

Nitrous bottles should really be mounted pointing towards the front of the car. This is because the liquid in the bottle rushes backwards under hard acceleration.

Nippy white cup

Hey Rob

Saw you on Wednesday, hope the smoke from my car didnt choke you lol.Getting it fixed on Saturday so the Cup will be mine v.soon.

Selling for £2250 if you know anyone interested let me know. Very good condition inside and out. Standard looking, full ss exhaust, dump valve, bleed valve,new rad, carb, polished head+ panasonic headunit with 8 disc changer. Sounds and goes well.http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/file.php?image=1052926231__harry.jpg

Polo GTi

Yeah certainly is a tidy car, Ill keep my ears open for you regarding a sale.

Didnt like to say about the smoke cause mines not exactly a minter...rusty arches and after a w**ker ran up the back of it while parked it isnt exactly a show car..but I do love it :) Hoping to get it resprayed soon enough..if the price is right.

If you dont mind me asking where are you getting the Cup from? Dealer or private?

Cheers

Rob

Nippy white cup

My m8 with the v6 clio works at Renault and can do a friends and family discount. Brand new 03 reg for £10500. Took one out the other week, very impressed, especially the much talked about pull around 5000 rpm!

TT 225

Chris didnt you use cruisenorthwest whilst it was there - a mate of cossies? Ive seen your 5 around :) nice car

Nippy white cup

Tnx kel

Yeah used to use cnw but as im getting a clio I looked round for a club. Couldnt find any decent ones so Im stuck here! (only joking, please dont boot me out! hehe);)

Quote: Originally posted by Chris nnic on 15 May 2003

Tnx kel

Yeah used to use cnw but as im getting a clio I looked round for a club. Couldnt find any decent ones so Im stuck here! (only joking, please dont boot me out! hehe);)

OK DUDES THE CAR IS MINE . A COUPLE OF ANSWERS TO SOME SILLY REMARKS - FRED 2001 DYNAMIQUE - LETS FACE IT FRONT OR REAR / HIGH OR LOW SPEED YOUR F***ED IN A BUMP ANYWAY ? DOES IT MATTER. BEN - R - ITS IN THE BACK WINDOW TO PUT THE sh*tTERS UP NOBS IN JAPANESE 16V TURBO sh*tE - SYKE EM OUT AT THE LIGHTS - YEH ? EDDD - THE REASON WHY ITS FITTED WERE IT IS - IS BECAUSE I WANTED TO CREATE A VERTICAL GRAVITATIONAL FLOW SYSTEM - CONSIDERING THE THROTTLE BODY IS DIRECTLY UNDERNEATH THE BOTTLE I THINK ITS A FACKIN GOOD SET UP & EXTREMELY EFFECTIVE - ASK THE GEEZER IN THE EVO 7 THAT I NAILED !!! ZED X 19 - THE SPOILER IS A GENUINE RENAULT TROPHY SPOILER THAT THEY USE IN TROPHY RACING - SEE PIC MY GOOD MATE POSTED. YOU CAN ALSO PURCHASE THEM FOR THE REAR OF 1.4 RTs FOR WHEN THEY BRAKE DOWN - (GIVES YOU SOMETHING TO GRAB HOLD OF WHEN YOUR PUSHIN EM.

Clio 197

To each his own. The V6 is a decent car that in my opinion really isnt crying out for a silver bottle and big sticker to improve either its looks or performance.

What sort of horsepower increase and for how long is it sustained with that setup?

STANDARD 230 BHP WITH 100 BHP JET AT THE MOMENT. 5 SEC BURSTS - ITS NOT A LOT OF TIME BUT WHEN YOUR RACIN ON THE STRIP IT CAN BE VERY EFFECTIVE & CAN REDUCE YOUR Q MILE TIMES BY UP TO 1 - 2 SECS. 14.30 STANDARD WITH NOS 12.9 MAYBE ? ID BE HAPPY WITH A MID 13 - NOT TRIED IT ON THE STRIP YET BUT ILL FIND OUT ON 26TH MAY - YORK DRAGSTRIP. M62 J 37. ( IF IVE NOT BLOWN IT UP)

mk2 172

think youll be lucky for 14.3 standard mate, my saxo wasnt too much slower than a chipped one that was there last time, dont know what can be eeked out of a standard one with a good driver tho.........i havent driven one yet:D

no doubt well see, no doubt youll have the 2.0 mk1 boys queing up to race you off gas, (adi and jon in particualr). id give you a run too but im skint so i think ill just be filming this time.

Clio v6

5 second bursts? Explain further please.

Why only 5 seconds?

Why not 5 minutes?

Can you do bursts every other 5 seconds?

Are you constantly kangarooing between fast and (normal v6 )

Does your insurance company know?

Do you need hazard stickers on the car for legal purposes?

How much was it to install ( and running costs )?

Would you prefer a turbo?

Would a turbo be quicker?

Thanks ( you can see I know a lot about this ):D

A Q MILE RUN TAKES 14 - 15 SECS DEPENDIN ON WHAT CLIO YOU ARE IN ? IF YOU HIT NITROUS FROM THE START LINE YOU WILL SUFFER FROM LACK OF TRACTION - DRAMATICALLY REDUCING YOUR Q MILE TIME.-- 5 SEC BURSTS IS MY WAY OF GETTING THE QUICK AND RELIABLE POWER DOWN WITHOUT CAUSING DAMAGE TO THE RUNNING GEAR HALF WAY UP THE STRIP. DID YOU KNOW RENAULT DE TUNED THE V6 BECAUSE THE GEARBOX COULDNT COPE WITH THE ORIGINAL 250 BHP THAT IT WAS MEANT TO HAVE. I HAVE THE ORIGINAL DEALER NETWORK PUBLICATION FROM 1998 WHEN THE CAR CAME OUT - GIVING ALL THE DETAILS IT STATES THE CAR WILL HIT 60 IN UNDER 6 SECS AND WILL DO IN EXCESS OF 150 MPH - ILL SEND YOU A COPY IF YOU LIKE. NO MY INSURANCE DOESNT KNOW. ITS LEGAL TO HAVE IT INSTALLED ON A CAR BUT ILLEGAL TO USE IT ON A PUBLIC HIGHWAY. I HAVE A WARNING STICKER ON THE BACK IN CASE OF A FIRE - FOR THE EMERGENCY SERVICES. YES I WOULD PREFER TURBOS BUT A PROPER CONVERSION WOULD BE ABOUT 5 - 6K MAYBE AND GIVE ME ABOUT THE SAME POWER. THE N2O KIT IS £700 - IT MAKES SENSE DOES IT NOT ? I KNOW A BIT ABOUT THIS AS WELL - I USED TO RACE A CORVETTE AT YORK IT WAS A LOT QUICKER THAN THE CLIO AND I THINK ILL BE GETTIN ANOTHER SOON. CHEERS.

if setup correctly you can run till the bottles empty, i have no probs at all.

my ins cimp dont know, i have built a quick snap off kit and carry a spanner for the 2 bolts if i get in an accident to throw in the bush etc lol.

No stickers.

My install cost me the 350 for the kit, its not hard to do.....if you can wire a plug you can do this.

a turbo COULD be quciker, entirely dependant on what setups your comapring.

CB1A, fine with the positionning, my system is hidden. And gravtational feed? it has 900psi to force it out!??~

sorry, is ur kit 100bhp of nos or 150bhp of nos? is there no safety thing about the kit being mounted above ur engine cause of heat and such...?

Matt

Welcome to the forum aswell by the way

CRAGGY - MY BEST TIME YET IS 14.5 ON MY FIRST VISIT IN THE CAR WHICH I DONT THINK IS THAT GOOD - THEM CUP SPORTS AINT MUCH SLOWER - GO TO YORK DRAGWAY AND CLICK ON RESULTS - THEN CLICK ON APRIL 21ST SHOOTOUT - THEN LOOK FOR T207 - MY NUMBER. I ONLY HAD 3 RACES BUT I BET I COULD GET IT DOWN TO 14.2 EASY WITH PRACTISE. THE V6 STRUGGLES UNDER FAST GEAR CHANGES AND IT CAUSES THE CLUTCH TO SLIP - A DESIGN FAULT IF YOU ASK ME. I WAS RUNNIN LOW 13s IN MY CORVETTE - NOW THATS A PROPER MOTOR. CHEERS MATE.

"BUT ILLEGAL TO USE IT ON A PUBLIC HIGHWAY" - is it? when I talked to a variety of legal guys, police forces and Dept. of Transport I asked them about this, and it came down to "If youre insured - your insured" there isnt a legal problem with N20 on road or off.

Nice to see it done, youve gotta post up your run times at York, oh and can you STOP SHOUTING, its nicer if its in lower case :D

is that better roamer - n20 you hear different tales about the legallity of it all the time. I think we shouldnt ask the cops direct as they will only make it officially illegal like every other fun thing in this country.

the nos kit is variable - you buy it with 25 bhp jets to test it. if its ok you ring up the suppliers and you can buy 50 - 100 - 150 - 200 bhp jets depending on your choice - visit highpower nos systems on the net.

hehehe, lets hope not matey - anyway you dont think the cops actually talk to one another and do stuff do you? otherwise the ones who like a toke every now and again would have got it made legal, hell they would have got it made compulsary LoL

the clio 2.0 mk1 lads will probably give the v6 a run for the money - in all honestly they aint that much quicker than a cup. im a bit dissapointed really - but lets see what the n20 does. if all else fails its back to american V8 power.