ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 engine in a 182?

Has anyone done this yet? What would be the outcome...too 'front-heavy' causing understeer, too much power through the front wheels? The only reason I opted for a 182 Trophy is that I wanted 4 seats but I want to get as much power out of the F4R as possible or alternatively put a V6 in there. So the question is...would this be feasible and worth my time?

Lionel Richie
well the PK6 box (standard V6 clio box) won't fit, even bolted to an F4R T block

you could use the ND0 6speed Megane RS engine, but that'll be a very tight squeeze

the other option is the Pegeuot gearbox i think they have a 5speed box that fits the engine

Make it a front engine RWD its easier and more interesting plus more gearbox choices.

Its a waste though for less money you can get a normal 172/182 tunned to as quick.

BMW Z4 3.0i
I would imagine the standard V6 has to be the best clio chassis/v6 engine combo possible. If putting the engine up front was better/possible, wouldn't renault have done it?

Looking at loads of car mags most engines will fit into most cars with stupid amounts of modding...

But why would you want to do it!?

just BUY a V6....

I would imagine the standard V6 has to be the best clio chassis/v6 engine combo possible. If putting the engine up front was better/possible, wouldn't renault have done it?

The V^ was to be a showcase more than a good car the V6 engine wouldn't have been used if they wanted an all out racer or best handling car ever the V6 was designed to just show how differerent Renault are.
Its said when VW heard Renault were doing a 3liter car they interpreted it to mean 3l/100Km ie 3liters of fuel per 100km as thats what they use as fuel economy on the continent so worked on a Lupo to do the 3L/100Km (about 90mpg)

Rover 620ti, MK1 Valver
what about fitting a v6 engine in the front of a mk1?

do renault make a fwd v6 car?

would a different manufacturers v6 fit? ie vauxhall?

just curious cause iv seen v6 novas and the like

what about fitting a v6 engine in the front of a mk1?

do renault make a fwd v6 car?

would a different manufacturers v6 fit? ie vauxhall?

just curious cause iv seen v6 novas and the like

Why not use the RWD alpine 2.5 liter turbo engine (used on some lagnas with 4x4) Matt sog tone for sale £1.5k for the engine box etc.
Still cheaper power can be got.

133/225/CLS AMG
If you pay and play around enough you'll fit any engine in anything really.

But the cost of doing it would outweigh the benefits. You might as well put a Megane turbo engine in, remap it to 265bhp and it'd be lighter than the V6 lump.

I'd be more interested to see a twin 182 engined Clio, 4wd and probably better front/back weight distribution than a massive lump in the front!!!! :D :D

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
If you're going to have ridiculously impractical dreams that would be prohibitively expensive to make real why not go all the way. Dream of putting a V8 in it.

And, seriously, there are a couple of physically small and lightweight V8s available in Britain for track car and motorsport use that are built out of pairs of motorcycle engines on a common crankcase. Because they're not huge displacement they don't need a big gearbox, but they produce lots of horsepower. Lots more than you could get out of a Renault V6. Because they are only 4 cylinders long you could fit one crossways across the front of a Clio with a gearbox on the end - a sequential box would be nice. It'd be a stunningly quick car with 3-400 bhp in it. And imagine how it'd sound when you wound it out with a V8 revving to 10,000 rpm.

http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2005/02/09/hayabusa-v8-engine/

Look at the guy's hands in the photo to see how tiny a motor it is. And it produces 372 bhp. That's 12 second times for the quarter mile, 0-60 in the 4s, and a top speed of about 175 mph.

Last edited: