ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 - everyday practical car

Mike

there was an acid yellow one at the last trackday at Bedford - you know my feelings about yellow on clios (I think its well documented one way or another!!!).

the acid yellow is dull compared with a sunflower, its more greeny, and I dont think it does the Vee proud at all. We do have some pics I will try and get Wayne to post them later

the liquid yellow on a vee - Im not sure either - whether it would be too much "in yer face" I really cant decide. The car is already "in yer face" just because thats how it is, put a major "in yer face" colour on it and ....

although a certain gentleman who works for Reno who shall remain un-named did say "think Murcielago when you think Liquid Yellow V6" and he does have a point the Murcielago is certainly a very "in yer face" car, and so is that yellow, and yet the majority of Murcielagos I have seen have been yellow ....

now, have you thought about Inferno on the Vee ..... ?

and Liquid Yellow is £1100 isnt it? not £1500?

my fear of a Liquid Yellow V6 is - am I too old for it??!!! ... :eek:

but to be honest, any colour is wonderful on the Vee - just simply because the car is so wonderful to start with

Renault Laguna Coupe

I did learn last night that Liquid Yellow is available on the Vee, having sobered-up a little now im leaning back towards the red though. I guess itll be easier to get hold of one in a standard colour too.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by James on 23 August 2004

Have you got a delivery date yet Mike ?

:)
seeing my dealer on Wednesday, will sign on the dotted line then, and see what delivery options emerge. Dont really want the car until after the Spa trip, so end of September would be good.

Unless of course theres one in stock somewhere :devilish:

Quote: Originally posted by ricjax99 on 23 August 2004

Dont like that yellow at all, always loved the red one tho. By far the best colour! :D

Heard red ones are faster too ;):p
dont be ridiculous ;) - everybody in the world ever knows that black is by far the fastest :cool: (however I am sure all other colours are a very close second!!!) :D

lol !!! dont worry, its been opened many times before, and if you see my earlier post (i.e. all colours are wonderful, cos the car is soooo wonderful0 you will see I am genuinely joking!!

anyway, you should be professing the marvels of green cars, not red ones!!! :eek:

Mk2 Clio V6 / 996 C4S

Quote: Originally posted by iwantaV6 on 23 August 2004

reno london have a unregd brand new blue one in their showroom. looks amazing.
Yes mate, they do look amazing in blue, they really do:D:D

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 23 August 2004

LOL! Thank God there isnt a Cup version of the V6. Life was easy when all you could buy was a silver 172!
If I actually manage it (looking less likely with spiralling house extension costs and questionable outlook of payrise), Ive decide that Im going to get my V6 in silver! My favourite colour for car ... and you get colour coded air intakes for free ;)

Probably make it a pretty rare V6 255, since most people seem to have reacted to the fact the vast majority of Mk1 V6 are silver and taken advantage of the (not exactly wide) range of colours available now!

i have just traded in my 280 bhp seat leon cupra R for my vee. it is a fair bit slower than my LCR ,not as comfortable or as well built but , a hoot of a involving drive !! not to mention the number of faces pressed against windows of cars starring open mouthed as they go by.. This car will (if it doesnt fall apart ) be one of the biggest classics of the near future. Im hoping and im sure im right that these cars will hold their money in time to come which will save it from falling into the hands of Chavs which sadly is not the case for the mighty and powerful Leon Cupra R

Quote: Originally posted by specialK on 23 August 2004

Dont like that yellow at all, always loved the red one tho. By far the best colour! :D

dont be ridiculous ;) - everybody in the world ever knows that black is by far the fastest :cool: (however I am sure all other colours are a very close second!!!) :D

No he is correct SK, red ones are faster due to a special paint they use....;) lol......

Simon.

Mini Cooper S sport

Meh Im all jealous now...it looks STUNNING in the red..you lucky thing :D

If I had the cash (and a secure garage) Id DEFINITELY get a V6.

Quote: Originally posted by shmall on 23 August 2004

Quote: Originally posted by specialK on 23 August 2004

No he is correct SK, red ones are faster due to a special paint they use....;) lol......

Simon.

now now Simon - you know that the "special" paint has lead added and is therefore heavier!!! :devilish:

Renault Laguna Coupe

had another trip to the dealer today, mutually agreeable deal struck, the red one is on its way subject to a trial fitting in our garage at home (if only they could find a demo car:()

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 24 August 2004

had another trip to the dealer today, mutually agreeable deal struck, the red one is on its way subject to a trial fitting in our garage at home (if only they could find a demo car:()

It should fit in ok, its only slightly wider mirror to mirror than a 182 clio, think about 25mm??, its only the body that is alot wider.

Simon.

Good choice on the colour.....:D

Renault Laguna Coupe

Its the front wings that worry me a bit, and the door sills. I know Ill get one whatever the difficulties though :D

If you are after a demo/test drive cant you give Jeremy a call and he could arrange one to be sent to your nearest dealer???

Renault Laguna Coupe

sent him a pm, but dont think hes around. Dealers got me one to try out this lunchtime after much pestering. Just want to check it fits in the garage really.

Good on ya Mike!

Is this a replacement for the 172 or you keeping her aswell?

Must admit, Ive been tempted myself - just cant stretch that far cash wise.

Looking at a TVR Chimeara though as a second car, and keeping the 172 - I dont ever want to let het go! Got an isurance quote this morn for a 96 4.0 Chimeara. Would you beleive its actually less than my 172 with the Magnex! Direct Line - Go figure!

I need to get a rwd 2 seater sports car fix before kids appear on the horizon!

Cheers
Rich

Renault Laguna Coupe

Blimey hi Rich hows it going mate?!!!! Long time no chat! Hows Ella?

The 172 has to go unfortunately, nowhere to keep it, not to mention the fact that I need the money to fund the V6. I was pleasantly surprised at the insurance on the V6 too - £740-ish. Waiting for a delivery date now.

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 25 August 2004
Blimey hi Rich hows it going mate?!!!! Long time no chat! Hows Ella?The 172 has to go unfortunately, nowhere to keep it, not to mention the fact that I need the money to fund the V6. I was pleasantly surprised at the insurance on the V6 too - £740-ish.  Waiting for a delivery date now.

Its going alreet mate. Ellas fine she says Hi!

Ive been a little quiet of late. Moving house and studying PT for a degree so havent been about much!

Ive slacked off on the old membership too which I must renew!

How much more is that from the 172 if you dont mind me asking?

I paid £850 from direct line on mine with the Magnex, at the start of the year. Because of my prang :oops: last year all the other companies I tried where giving stupid quotes, way above that one even.

I got quoted £639 from them for a Chimeara!!!! Which is also grp 20, same as the V, wierd!

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by desmondo on 25 August 2004

I got quoted £639 from them for a Chimeara!!!! Which is also grp 20, same as the V, wierd!
All the same, its really not bad is it, esp when you think of the risk theyre taking on with the like of us idiots :oops:

insurance companies saw fit to try and take yet more monies out of our pockets by splitting the group 20 up into a,b,c,d,e,f,g etc the clio is a 20d , aston martin db9 is a 20g ..not sure about the chimera