ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 - everyday practical car

Hmmm wierder still. A quote on the V is £1,016. How come a Chimaeras nearly £400 cheaper? Is that to off set the breakdown/recovery and fuel bills!!

Sorry for hi-jacking the thread BTW!

Renault Laguna Coupe

Strange. Maybe they know that you wouldnt use the TVR as an everyday car. Hmmm. How much do those things cost at the moment Rich?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 20 August 2004

Is the V6 a practical proposition when it comes to weekends away, shopping etc? How much luggage / shopping can you really squeeze in, assuming you also have a passenger?
No. of course it isnt.

The "bonoot" isnt waterproof

The "boot" is very small, there is minimal space behind the seats etc etc.

But would you consider this when buying one? If you counted this as an important feature your looking at the wrong car.

Clio v6

Hit the nail on the head Tom. I said " What do i need a boot for" I have two other cars. Had I not, the wife would have gone ballistic at me.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by James on 26 August 2004

Hit the nail on the head Tom. I said " What do i need a boot for" I have two other cars. Had I not, the wife would have gone ballistic at me.
lol, I have no other cars, and yes, the wife went ballistic at me :devilish:

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 26 August 2004
Strange. Maybe they know that you wouldnt use the TVR as an everyday car. Hmmm. How much do those things cost at the moment Rich?

Start about 9K for early models, Mike. Then up into the £20s. Im just browsing at the mo and getting a feel for what I can afford and whether I can afford the running costs :eek: alongside the 172!! Shes nearly paid up now so will have some cash spare! Looking to spend about 12 - 15K. Will use at weekends and 2-3 days during the week, as me and Ella share lifts most days.

Ill need some driving tuition thats for sure! RWD V8 = upside down in a hedge.

Your a lucky man Mike, I saw a new Silver Vee parked up in Pontypridd a little while ago and It looked absolutely awesome. Made mine look like very puny.

Have to get that down to Pembrey so I can have a look. Looks nice in Red in the photos - good choice.

my pal who also insures my car said that the v6 is expensive to insure as any damage has to go to a renault bodyshop that just caters for the v6 models, not sure if thats true though.

mike - how mcu you got the new mk2 for?

Clio v6

My car was sent to the insurance companies own approved bodyshop. I asked them to send it to a Renault bodyshop.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by iwantaV6 on 26 August 2004

my pal who also insures my car said that the v6 is expensive to insure as any damage has to go to a renault bodyshop that just caters for the v6 models, not sure if thats true though.

mike - how mcu you got the new mk2 for?
about £25.5k less a very generous p/x for my 172. I had a quote of 24k from one of the brokers and basically got the dealer to get as close as he could to it.

Megane 225 baby! :)

Still not at all jealous o Mike - lucky thing! :)

Fingers crossed for this weekends lottery numbers! ;)